Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Great stuff, mine is almost done installing. I am glad they got this out but yes there are still more things that need updating/fixing.

Adam
    You can't set the system sound BUT they changed it to something less irritating.
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rmbwebs View Post
    I don't understand the text messaging forwarding thing and why people are so upset about it. . . are there generic humorous text messages that people just forward all over the place like email forwards from 2003?
    i've been wondering the same. never had to forward texts. emails maybe. text, not so much.
    I'm very impressed so far with the "new" Palm. We've had our devices for about 6 weeks and they are out with their third update so far! This never happened with our Treo's! Granted there are still some significant items that should be updated, but I'm loving this so far.......and while my pre is downloading the update, I'm updating my iTunes to their latest version.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    My first attempt failed to validate.

Trying again...
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    I don't understand the text messaging forwarding thing and why people are so upset about it. . . are there generic humorous text messages that people just forward all over the place like email forwards from 2003?
    Yea I don't get it either, unless people are using it like bcc in email.
    I can't find how to use the emoticons. Anyone figure them out?
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilehavoc View Post
    You can't set the system sound BUT they changed it to something less irritating.
    I wish we could change all the system sounds to custom tones. Freaking Windows lets you change everything fercryingoutloud!

I have my new email notification sound on my work Outlook set to play the Xbox 360 Achievement Unlock tone and I found the X360 boot sound tone online which I'd like to have for the incoming text tone, but nooooooooooooooooooo!!!! I can't change it!

Have they changed the relationship between alarm volume and system sounds? This was a super bonehead oversight.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    NFL live looks good? never used b4, maybe now when in season

Go giants!!
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Yeah, seriously. I've never had to forward a text message. Some people are also obsessed with saving ALL of their text messages.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I can't wait for the flood of...

"what a crappy update!"
    "nothing good in this update!"
    "where's my real cut and paste!"
    "where are all the new apps!"

I predict this will come before nightfall hits the West Coast.
    The Pre still won't accept an improper cert on exchange (one where the name is wrong). The iPhone doesn't care but with all these changes, they still make folks have a proper cert to use SSL.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    I can't wait for the flood of...

"what a crappy update!"
    "nothing good in this update!"
    "where's my real cut and paste!"
    "where are all the new apps!"

I predict this will come before nightfall hits the West Coast.
    You just started it!
    Minor Change
    I'd previously created a custom "boot screen". That went away.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    I can't find how to use the emoticons. Anyone figure them out?
    Use the text equivalent and it converts them.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Minor Change
    I'd previously created a custom "boot screen". That went away.
    That has happened on every upgrade. Get used to it. All my custom icons and customizations have been reset, seems like it was a total OS upgrade, probably has a new kernel too.
    one thing i've learned from reading these forums ... you can't please everybody!
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Well for me i use it at work. I know it's not a business phone but i really only need the msg forwarding. In a average day i probably get atleast 50 text's from the owners where i work ( who are out with customers most of the day ) prioritizing and re-prioritizing the orders of what jobs we are to design,machine etc.. So it's very easy for me to just forward those down the line to the right people, vs i have to stop working and call ( which people always want to shot the **** lol ) them or walk 50 times a day around the building rather than just taking 5 seconds to forward the text.

I know sounds dumb but it makes my job easier lol
    Quote Originally Posted by thegeester68 View Post
    OMG! Emoticons are back? Which ones? Any special ones? I'm SOOO excited. And though I don't use iTunes, I laugh in the face of Apple. Bwahahaha.

a middle finger just for apple?

re: itunes sync. if anyone know anything about itunes, it my ruberstien (sp), im sure he looked at it and said oh, just do this. i doubt it took much time to "fix" it.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.