Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jtfishbein View Post
    I think it's more of those things you want because you do not have it. I didn't fwd text msgs too often, but when I found that it lacked that feature I suddenly wanted to fwd msgs lol. Oh well, but I agree with you it isn't so important.
    I don't care about this as much as being able to copy/paste from every field..

(if we had proper copy/paste, then there woudln't be a need for forwarding sms messages)
    -m
    Quote Originally Posted by que180 View Post
    Anyone else having trouble with Twee app not opening. It just stays pressed & will not open.
    me too

1.1 broke Twee, am about to reinstall it.

also noticed that when checking for the update, it never found any till I turned Dev Mode off...then it found it immediately

coincidence?
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    My tweed works.. (but I did upgrade it earlier this morning..)
    -mark
    Quote Originally Posted by larsoles View Post
    me too

also noticed that when checking for the update, it never found any till I turned Dev Mode off...then it found it immediately

coincidence?
    I've had my Pre in Dev Mode since I gained root access yesterday and it found the update in Dev Mode no problemo
    Quote Originally Posted by jsabo View Post
    Hmmm, it looks like it's actually going to try to pull the update over EVDO. That should get interesting. Where's my microUSB cable...
    I pulled the update over EVDO, while listening to Pandora, driving at 60 mph. I also SMS'es and Twittered at stop lights. Worked fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    i pulled the update over evdo, while listening to pandora, driving at 60 mph. I also sms'es and twittered at stop lights. Worked fine.
    ota win!!
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by larsoles View Post
    me too

coincidence?
    twee still works for me
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    I don't care about this as much as being able to copy/paste from every field..

(if we had proper copy/paste, then there woudln't be a need for forwarding sms messages)
    -m
    very true
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    anyone else catch this? A partial reset is required for the full update...Is that what i'm reading here..
    Why would you reset. Just go into the Calendar app and update the preference to 15 minutes.
    Will this have any effect on homebrew?
    Quote Originally Posted by SHO_ONE View Post
    twee still works for me
    hmm...

Tried uninstall and reinstall, still no dice. How irritating.

EDIT: just checked on the deliciousmorsel twitter, twitterDOTcom/deliciousmorsel and there does appear to be an issue he is working on.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty Rebellion View Post
    I've had my Pre in Dev Mode since I gained root access yesterday and it found the update in Dev Mode no problemo
    ah so

then coincidence it is.
    twee doesn't work for me either, so it is an issue
    Quote Originally Posted by jtfishbein View Post
    twee doesn't work for me either, so it is an issue
    Back off to .85 and it'll work again.

A bigger issue for me is the annoyance that now I can't click on a contacts address and have it bring me to a google map of their location, which I can then map directions to. I used that feature just last night and now can't...

annoyed...
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    AWESOME now my Pre is equivalent to the iPhone 0.2
    Quote Originally Posted by aolbites View Post
    Back off to .85 and it'll work again.

A bigger issue for me is the annoyance that now I can't click on a contacts address and have it bring me to a google map of their location, which I can then map directions to. I used that feature just last night and now can't...

annoyed...

and that does work, thanks. It will do till he can figger out what 1.1 did to .91

not to make you more annoyed.....but just checked two different contacts....an address click brings the google mapped address right up....matter of fact, it actually works better now than it did previously.

sorry bout that
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Looks like there's an update for the WHERE app: 0.9.20

Was this out before WebOS 1.1.0, or after?
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Has anyone noticed that just maybe the speaker is clearer/crisper?
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by firefinder24 View Post
    I'm very impressed so far with the "new" Palm. We've had our devices for about 6 weeks and they are out with their third update so far! This never happened with our Treo's! Granted there are still some significant items that should be updated, but I'm loving this so far.......and while my pre is downloading the update, I'm updating my iTunes to their latest version.
    I agree and BTW I think its the 4th update (in less than 2 months!!)
    Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Software update information for Palm Pre Sprint p100eww
    The Palm Pre advert that should have been http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYAHsz8BxDk

Madam - I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception. Groucho Marx
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $3GS$ $does$ $not$ $have$ $a$ $faster$ $processor$. $They$ $pretty$ $much$ $have$ $identical$ $CPUs$.

What is different is that the iPhone 3.0 browser is based on Safari 4 (which includes the MUCH faster Nitro javascript engine) whereas the current Pre browser is based on Safari 3.2.1 (or so)..

I just finished running Sunspider on my phone and it's returning at 30s (@600mhz) so it is quite a bit faster than previous webOS versions (I was getting around 40s before)

Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Well the 3GS is faster (12s) because it has a faster processor, right? I mean Apple has had several years to optimize this. Palm has done this in ... months? a year? I don't know. Not much time at all. GO PALM!!!
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    The Pre still won't accept an improper cert on exchange (one where the name is wrong). The iPhone doesn't care but with all these changes, they still make folks have a proper cert to use SSL.
    Sorry to sound unsympathetic but it shouldn't accept an improperly formed certificate. The whole points of certs is that they are trusted and for that to be possible the certificate must comply to the standards set.

If the iPhone allows this to happen its a bug they should fix.
    The Palm Pre advert that should have been http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYAHsz8BxDk

Madam - I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception. Groucho Marx
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast