1.    #1  
    How does this process work? You submit it. They tell you "we want half of each sale" and off you go?

Not that anyone would know this already, but what sort of challenges could you expect trying to get your application accepted? Guidelines?

And getting back to their cut - what should one expect to give up for each sale? 30%? 40%? 50%?

Just trying to get an idea on how this works.

Thanks
    Last edited by algee650; 07/23/2009 at 05:46 PM.
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
    me too
    Quote Originally Posted by algee650 View Post
    How does this process work? You submit it. They tell you "we want half of each sale" and off you go?

Not that anyone would know this already, but what sort of challenges could you expect trying to get your application accepted? Guidelines?

And getting back to their cut - what should one expect to give up for each sale? 30%? 40%? 50%?

Just trying to get an idea on how this works.

Thanks
    go to developer.palm.com and they lay out exactly how the app should look. they are pretty specific with the guidelines, but not way strict (i.e. app needs to open in 3 seconds, or have a scrim).

you pick the price, and palm gets 30%. you get paid once a month (apparently, even though i haven't been paid yet), and it's net 60 terms.

don't think of it as giving up the 30%, though... it's considering your marketing fee. you are paying for marketing space in their catalog. i started a business, and i may even be able to consider the 30% a business expense... not sure yet.

cheers
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
    I am trying to use my phone bill as a business expense as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by socca1157 View Post
    I am trying to use my phone bill as a business expense as well.
    gonna do the same... and 1/6th of all my home bills since i have a "home office".
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
  6. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Don't expect to hear much from Palm any time soon. Mine had been"pending review" for three weeks and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by ldj View Post
    Don't expect to hear much from Palm any time soon. Mine had been"pending review" for three weeks and counting
    i submitted Cubix monday, and it made it in the catalog last night. i think that was the longest 'being reviewed' i've had. not sure what the delay is sometimes. you might want to talk to your handler, or reject and resubmit... i think some get lost in the shuffle, and their submission dates are usually wrong.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Cubix
  8. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Enquired about the delay in the review processand here is the reply:

Despite your status reflecting "Being Reviewed", the app review team lead has the ability to assign it to a reviewer but is taking a First In, First Out approach to application submissions and there are other applications that were submitted prior to yours.
    So that is a blatant like then on the part of Palm isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by shanerooni View Post
    you pick the price, and palm gets 30%. you get paid once a month (apparently, even though i haven't been paid yet), and it's net 60 terms.
    There was a little lag for those who had apps go in with the Paid Catalog launch, but it looks like Palm has caught up. We were paid for October Sales earlier in December and November Sales just before Christmas. That puts the November Payout at better than Net 30. I imagine going forward they payments for the previous month will come in the next month. (Even though their agreement allows for longer than that.)
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.