Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Could someone maybe make a Texas Hold'em game for the Pre?
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I would definitly like to see a texas hold em game too
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Ditto. Actually have some ideas about writing my own, but probably going to be a while before I look at tackling it. Need to see what people have accomplished with using the SDK under win 7-64.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Also would love a hold em app
    +1
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    +1
    Been waiting for this.

I would love to see something like Zynga's IPhone app.

I like how it links up with your facebook account.

However, for the early stages of the Pre's life, I would settle for something more simple.

I remember a good texas hold'em app for the treos. It had a chat function and everything.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I would love an internet enabled hold em game to play against real people
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    the internet able app would be amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by 808rides View Post
    I would love an internet enabled hold em game to play against real people
    yes please
    Recently the app catalog has seen a app called "Word Ace". The interface is great and has a built-in chat function.

This leads me to believe that a Texas Hold'em app is possible. I would love something just like the "Word Ace" app but with the Texas Hold'em rules and multiplayer.
    +1 on the Zynga comment
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Yea 4 sure +1
    Quote Originally Posted by MOE-GUNZ View Post
    Recently the app catalog has seen a app called "Word Ace". The interface is great and has a built-in chat function.

This leads me to believe that a Texas Hold'em app is possible. I would love something just like the "Word Ace" app but with the Texas Hold'em rules and multiplayer.
    Just between you, me, and the rest of the Internet: we're working on it. It'll be out soon, and it will rock.

- Dan
    Self Aware Games
    Quote Originally Posted by MOE-GUNZ View Post

The only issue with Word Ace is the fact that it doesn't recognize INSANELY SIMPLE WORDS. For a game that is devoted to being a WORD game, you'd think they would have had a better grasp on including a larger dictionary instead of telling me that "Whale" and "Coat" aren't words. I uninstalled it after that.
    That is the one thing that I dislike about word games.. They can't use a full dictionary and as such, they don't know all of the words in the English language..
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    That is the one thing that I dislike about word games.. They can't use a full dictionary and as such, they don't know all of the words in the English language..
    Well, it's not the fault of the game not being able to USE all of the words.. It's the fault of the developer for just not including the words in the dictionary. All they'd have to do is take the time to crack open a brand new 2009 Webster's dictionary and get to typing. If they don't want to do that, I'm pretty sure there are lists on the internet that you can either purchase for fairly cheap or even find free somewhere so that you don't have to type out every word to include in your game's dictionary. It's not that hard.. It's just laziness or some people get way too excited to release a beautiful application with a horrible back-end dictionary.
    Quote Originally Posted by incidentist View Post
    Just between you, me, and the rest of the Internet: we're working on it. It'll be out soon, and it will rock.

- Dan
    Self Aware Games
    AWESOME!! Word Ace is very well put together and if you guys can get a Hold em game anywhere CLOSE, kudos. Feel free to chime in with more tidbits whenever you'd like.
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadCircus View Post
    Well, it's not the fault of the game not being able to USE all of the words.. It's the fault of the developer for just not including the words in the dictionary. All they'd have to do is take the time to crack open a brand new 2009 Webster's dictionary and get to typing. If they don't want to do that, I'm pretty sure there are lists on the internet that you can either purchase for fairly cheap or even find free somewhere so that you don't have to type out every word to include in your game's dictionary. It's not that hard.. It's just laziness or some people get way too excited to release a beautiful application with a horrible back-end dictionary.
    That is actually what I meant. I meant that the dev could have easily queried some sort of dictionary (dictionary.com maybe??) to see if it returned a valid result for the word..
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    That is actually what I meant. I meant that the dev could have easily queried some sort of dictionary (dictionary.com maybe??) to see if it returned a valid result for the word..
    Yea, that would actually be pretty neat if they could get it fixed up that way so that it wouldn't create even more lag in the game than there already is. So yea, I definitely see where you're coming from.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast