Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadCircus View Post
    The only issue with Word Ace is the fact that it doesn't recognize INSANELY SIMPLE WORDS. For a game that is devoted to being a WORD game, you'd think they would have had a better grasp on including a larger dictionary instead of telling me that "Whale" and "Coat" aren't words. I uninstalled it after that.
    That Bug is only in Practice mode. Online the game runs flawlessly.

Great to know they are working on it. I'm one step closer to having everything I need on the Pre.

Just need a Msn IM client now
    Quote Originally Posted by MOE-GUNZ View Post
    That Bug is only in Practice mode. Online the game runs flawlessly.

Great to know they are working on it. I'm one step closer to having everything I need on the Pre.

Just need a Msn IM client now
    Actually, those were during online play. Practice play was just a joke.
    Actually, those were during online play. Practice play was just a joke.
    Are you hitting "Use This Word" after spelling out a word? Because online, we haven't had any issues with words, as long as you abide by the sort of standard Scrabble-like rules. Whale and Coat should definitely count, unless you're not hitting "Use This Word" to save your word before time runs out. Practice Mode was, in fact, broken, but as of 0.9.10, there shouldn't be any major functionality issues with the game.

I hope you get a chance to try it out again - it should work a-ok. And in terms of the size of the dictionary, it should contain any word you can think of (again, within those standard guidelines), and a whole lot that you probably don't know.

If you do find it failing on words that you think should work, please feel free to post a screenshot, and we'll look into it. To grab a screenshot, just hit orange/sym/p, and it'll save to a /screenshots directory that you can access if you use the USB drive functionality when you're connected to a PC.

Thanks.
    seppo

ps: yep, double-checked the dictionary file, and WHALE and COAT are definitely in there.
    Well I know I hit the use this word button. Maybe they were broken during the beginning or there was some other bug keeping me from using the word. I'll download it again and check it out and reply here if I find some weird issue with it. Thanks for the reply!
    Well I know I hit the use this word button. Maybe they were broken during the beginning or there was some other bug keeping me from using the word. I'll download it again and check it out and reply here if I find some weird issue with it. Thanks for the reply!
    Cool. Thanks for giving it another go. And if something weird comes up, please do let us know - we want to make sure the game works properly for everyone.

Cheers!
    seppo
    Quote Originally Posted by selfawaregames View Post
    Cool. Thanks for giving it another go. And if something weird comes up, please do let us know - we want to make sure the game works properly for everyone.

Cheers!
    seppo
    Welp, I downloaded the application earlier right after I typed the message out and what would you know.. The very first word I was able to type was actually "Coat" - lmao. I think you guys are spying on me..

But yea, coat registered just fine when I tried it that time. So it seems as if maybe there was a slight little hiccup the last time when a few words I spelled didn't go through. But all seems to be fair now.. Hopefully it'll continue this way.

Great app! I'll edit my review on the App Catalog to reflect my most recent experience.
    Nice.

I'm so happy that a Texas Hold'em version is in the works. I'm going to be on that 24/7 and hopefully my professor won't notice
    Welp, I downloaded the application earlier right after I typed the message out and what would you know.. The very first word I was able to type was actually "Coat" - lmao. I think you guys are spying on me..

But yea, coat registered just fine when I tried it that time. So it seems as if maybe there was a slight little hiccup the last time when a few words I spelled didn't go through. But all seems to be fair now.. Hopefully it'll continue this way.

Great app! I'll edit my review on the App Catalog to reflect my most recent experience.
    WE ARE WATCHING YOU.

hahahahah.

Seriously, that's pretty hilarious - and I'm glad it's working for you now. Hope you have a good time with it!

seppo
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Any texas hold-em game would have to be multi-player, much like Word Ace. If there was an app like that, my productivity during the work day would definately suffer.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Handmark has a Texas Hold'em app on their website but you need the Classic app to play this.
    Apache-->755p-->Mogul-->Pre-->TP2-->Hero--->PRE!!!
    Is there a Touchpad Texas Hold-em game yet? Can't find one. Seems like this would be a great idea for a new app.
    Devices

-WiFi HP TouchPad 32GB, July 2011 (Day 1)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12