Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Not in development. Check our 'Installer' the advanced installer based on PreWare!
    Last edited by Opal Coba; 10/23/2009 at 09:29 PM.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    great idea if it's someone to code the GUI i'll be more than happy with helping! I like how you made it all community based btw, like i said great idea.

-intro.
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

-intro.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by intro View Post
    great idea if it's someone to code the GUI i'll be more than happy with helping! I like how you made it all based btw, like i said great idea.

-intro.
    Thank, you. PM, or Email me if you will.
    just an fyi, the sdk EULA prohibts any distribution other than their app catalog. i dont want you to get into any legal trouble with palm.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sambao21 View Post
    just an fyi, the sdk EULA prohibts any other than their app catalog. i dont want you to get into any legal trouble with palm.
    Thank you for your concern.
    A Homebrew app browser would be nice! Now, app store? that sounds like money involved... which yeah, it could create a problem. I like the idea though, keep it up!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    A Homebrew app browser would be nice! Now, app ? that like money involved... which yeah, it could create a problem. I like the idea though, keep it up!
    App Center.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    I can't do great custom graphics, but I am good with using the palm widgets and stuff. Is that helpful? if so, I can help. additionally, have you figured out how to get the apps to install from on the device? or will hooking up to a computer be necessary?
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    hey man, i built a list over in the homebrew apps forum. Let me know if you need the html code from it or anything.

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ed-7-22-a.html
    why not just modify the app store to pull from another source (just throwing out an idea)
    this will be awsome, sweet
    Can't wait to see where this goes, sounds great =]
    The SDK allows for Beta environments. Keep that in mind as you develop the project.

Will this run on the Pre or be a desktop client? How much will it do? Will it list and link? Inform of updates? Download and help us install?
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by kmax12 View Post
    I can't do great custom , but I am good with using the palm widgets and stuff. Is that helpful? if so, I can help. additionally, have you figured out how to get the apps to install from on the device? or will hooking up to a computer be necessary?
    It will all be ON pre.

EDIT: PS, yes we would love to have your help email me at: mrl4214 at gmail.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Speeder2000 View Post
    why not just modify the to pull from another source (just throwing out an idea)
    That is on our list. We may, or may not. Seeing as the App catalog is Copyrighted by Palm... Plus we would have to build our servers to copy Palms, while if you build our own it would be eaiser.
  16.    #16  
    We are using the built in 'Weave' frameworks to install apps.
    great to see this. I have been waiting for this for a while. I really miss cydia from my old ipod touch
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Excellente - and the SDK allowance would help. It could even act as a beta distribution point for devs (before submitting to app store).
    Quote Originally Posted by Opal Coba View Post
    I am writing a homebrew , which I have planned out for weeks. The project will be public based anyone can submit code to be included in releases. I am currently writing the framework to make it work at the moment.
    Is your code open source and in a public SCM repository ?

BTW, I now know of at least 5 different people doing what you are doing. It will be interesting to see which one survives. My bet is on one that is free, libre, open source, has community involvement in the development through a public SCM repository (like WebOS Internals - Gitorious), and works with the standard IPKG "Packages" file format.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    yea keepin track of webos-internals.org/wiki/Portal:webOS_Applications_All is in check i hope, gunna be endless, need to do centralize the vast ammount of homebrew on the way. w2g rw ^5
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast