Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    oc80z, PM with your plans, I'm working at getting a secret project of mine to support as many formats as possible
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Can't wait to see what comes of this!
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Is your code open source and in a public SCM repository ?

BTW, I now know of at least 5
    different people doing what you are doing. It will be interesting to see
    which one survives. My bet is on one
    that is free, libre, open source, has
    community involvement in the
    development through a public SCM repository (like [url= Internals -
    Gitorious[/url]), and works with th
    e standard IPKG "Packages" file format.

That's me, if you read the first post, everything is opensource. Client, server, graphics. You can compile your own at anytime. It will use the standard IPK format for applications.

-- Rod

Yes, all of this is in mine. Everything is OS even the server scripts.
    I wish I could help but I don't know how to work with javascript very well yet (just finished making a 'hello world' app a week ago).
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    I wish I could but I don't know how to work with very well yet (just finished making a 'hello world' a week ago).
    So did I... Hahaha, But I guess I have been thinking WebOs 24 hours a day. Cant be healthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Opal Coba View Post
    Yes, all of this is in mine. Everything is OS even the server scripts.
    Excellent. What's the URL for the public repository so we can see the code now and contribute to it?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  7.    #27  
    Excellent. What's the URL for the public repository so we can see the code now and contribute to it?

-- Rod
    They are not yet released. If you wish to contribute you can be a dev member by emailing me.
    will you have to root your phone to gain access to this app
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouch12345 View Post
    will you have to root your phone to gain access to this app
    No
    They are not yet released. If you wish to contribute you can be a dev member by emailing me.
    Ah, so it's not open source yet. Just promised to be open source :-) And a closed development process. Hmm, I wonder why all these installer app groups are so secretive about what they are doing ...

Good luck with it - I hear from other people that they are ready to release their installer apps in the next few days.

This will be an interesting race, since only one of these five efforts can get the prize of being second (technically the first on-device installer is already in place with the new webos-internals Terminal app, and running ipkg -o /var on the device by using the Terminal).

Does your installer app handle installing plugins that have files outside of /var, and does it handle package dependencies, and complete feed package upgrades?

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    can't wait for this to come out
  12.    #32  
    Ah, so it's not open source yet. Just promised to be open source :-) And a closed development process. Hmm, I wonder why all these installer app groups are so secretive about what they are doing ...

Good luck with it - I hear from other people that they are ready to release their installer apps in the next few days.

This will be an interesting race, since only one of these five efforts can get the prize of being second (technically the first on-device installer is already in place with the new webos-internals Terminal app, and running ipkg -o /var on the device by using the Terminal).

Does your installer app handle installing plugins that have files outside of /var, and does it handle package dependencies, and complete feed package upgrades?

-- Rod
    the race is actully for GUI installer user frienly
    the race is actully for GUI installer user frienly
    Yep. PreGame has said in another thread that he is releasing his within 12 hours, and it seems to be coordinated with PreCentral according to his post.

You'd better get your skates on to beat him ...

-- Rod
    I dont' think its that important who is first to release theirs. In the end I"m going to download the more well developed and consumer friendly app installer
    Any iphone/ipod touch users will know that this is somewhat like Installer, Cydia, Icy, and all those new installers.
    If I had a cydia clone that didn't refresh all the downloads after every installation or download (not that it would be a big deal since there aren't thousands of homebrew apps for the pre yet) I would be amazed..

I have watched this community grow, and learn over the past month I've had my pre (June 24th <3) and I have total faith that this will be a never ending development, and new stuff will just come and come

Can't wait guys.
  17.    #37  
    Yep. PreGame has said in another thread that he is releasing his within 12 hours, and it seems to be coordinated with PreCentral according to his post.

You'd better get your on to beat him ...

-- Rod
    I would prefer quality over time. Now that I have some good dev members we will take this one step at a time.

For those iDevice users. This will be very much like Cydia. But more like Icy.
    Icy, is slick, Fast and Polished. While Cydia crude, slow, and lots of scary black screens. But I respect the maker of Cydia as he revolutionized jail breaking iDevices.

Thank you for your time.
    any progress on this
    this would be awesome
    I'm looking forward to seeing PreGame's stuff.

Aside from being first, it should also be of high quality (since he has been Pre/WebOS hacking since day 1)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast