Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    What's the hold up with 1.1? I've been waiting soooooooo patiently (probably a stretch) for the release. I love my Pre, but wouldn't mind seeing it's hardware showing off a little with better software. I know the phone has so much potential, just getting a little antsy!

Anyone hear anymore release date rumors other than the 22nd?
    I am also anticipating new updates. Trying to hold off from the "homebrew" apps but I may end up going that route if things don't happen soon for the Pre.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    This Pre is great but falls short of the iPhone by just .00 of points according to CNET TV. A new update with some new features will push it to the winning side in a side to side comparison with the iPhone. Come on Palm get the update and Apps out there !!!!
    I was at the sprint store yesterday and th rep at the store said that the update is coming august 1st. And will have video recording
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamoracing View Post
    I was at the sprint store yesterday and th rep at the store said that the update is coming august 1st. And will have video recording
    Some advice first time poster man, the dogs are going to eat you for mentioning a Sprint rep.
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
    The amazing thing about OTA updates is the update will come when it comes!
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkims View Post
    Some advice first time poster man, the dogs are going to eat you for mentioning a Sprint rep.
    hehe. but it's true! (about the dogs, not the video recording...)
    I don't know if it is true or not. But that's what the guy said. I didn't even ask him about it. He mentioned it a couple time. I went because I had other questions about the pre. Who are the dogs??
    I don't know if it is true or not. But that's what the guy said. I didn't even ask him about it. He mentioned it a couple time. I went because I had other questions about the pre. Who are the dogs??
    More importantly. Who let the dogs out?
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Who are the dogs??
    woof woof!
    I would like to see a update also... but... I also know that nothing is set in stone. SO to depend on that could and would set me up for failure. I dont want to get pissed so.. I like the saying "It will come when it comes"
    ... Some guy I talked to said his friends girlfriend who's dad works for the guy who manages the store next to the Sprint store said that an unknown Sprint Employee says the update will come around the same time Palm has finished it...

My kind of rumor.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 07/23/2009 at 11:47 AM.
    refresh. refresh. refresh. refresh. refresh. refresh.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    ... Some guy I talked to said his friends girlfriend who's dad works for the guy who manages the store next to the Sprint store said that an unknown Sprint Employee says the update with come around the same time Palm has finished it...

My kind of rumor.

like it
    Sprint reps spread the stuff we spread as fact, so we are very hesitant to listen to them. So when people mention Sprint reps people usually rip on you, like a pack of wild dogs. :P

But thanks for sharing what you heard.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    And they have rabies.........WOOF
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    refresh. refresh. refresh. refresh. refresh. refresh.
    LOL whats funny is by the time they release the update I will have to tep my phone for the worn out spot on my phone from doing that so much... Who else has a divot in that spot??????
    Man, I was with you until you said "the update with come around the same time Palm has finished it"!!

Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    ... Some guy I talked to said his friends girlfriend who's dad works for the guy who manages the store next to the Sprint store said that an unknown Sprint Employee says the update with come around the same time Palm has finished it...

My kind of rumor.
    I seriously doubt that the next software update is going to have video recording...I'd really like to see this but I don't believe its going to happen...It took the iPhone 3 models b4 it had video recording which leads me to believe that it isn't that easy...and that sprint rep you spoke to is def. making stuff up.
    I remember hearing Sprint reps saying that the Pre had onscreen keyboard and video recording before launch. Believe me, never trust what anyone says.

I even got some BS from a Palm rep on launch day saying the App store should see 100+ apps coming down the pipe, yet we are still at 30 after a month and a half.

Don't believe anything will happen til it happens.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast