Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys... I am looking for some help. I have a java game Battleship that I have dissected and running great... however... I have no idea how to make it work in webOS.. Would love to get some help to make it a reality.

Let me know...
  2.    #2  
    I was thinking of calling it PreBattle... any ideas?
  3.    #3  
    Or even PreBatShip? What do you think? Lol... I can't help but laugh when I look at this name...
    Please don't call it Pre-anything.

You can call it Sea Duel or whatever you want, but please don't put "Pre" before the name... : /
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    There's a battleship Web APP.
    BATTLEFLEET!

I think it's what we're talking about, right?
    Though an APP for more dedicated lovers would be nice.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    There's a battleship Web APP.
    BATTLEFLEET!

I think it's what we're talking about, right?
    Though an APP for more dedicated lovers would be nice.
    YES!!! You are right on track... I am trying to simulate this app... I am looking for someone to work on it with me... clean it up and make it Pre ready..
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post

You can call it Sea Duel or whatever you want, but please don't put "Pre" before the name... : /
    LOL... will do... so... what do ya'll think of SeaDuel?
    Java or Javascript? They're completely different, remember.

I came across a javascript Battleship clone, myself.

Basic function is first. Get it posted into the Homebrew section with a room full of beta testers. Improved operation and graphics come after.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts

LOL whats your issue with adding a "Pre"fix?
    I was thinking about one of these. It was the first real Palm OS app I made, years ago.
    I was attempting to make one myself. I have all of the javascript, I just don't know how to assemble it.
    Yes please!
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    LOL whats your issue with adding a "Pre"fix?
    hahahaha... Nice pun.

Well, the problem with the "Pre" fix is: if you want to universal search for... say... "pretty"... guess how many letters you'd have to type before you get to universal search... : /.

There's been a few complaints (hopefully not increasing) about homebrew apps cluttering up the screen when you type "P" into the phone to start a universal search.

It would be bad to get to the point where you have to scroll through a list of "Pre" fixed items before you get to what you want.

Defeats the purpose of Universal Search, ya know?

besides... I think we've got some real creative people here, I'm sure we can do something better than "Pre-whateveryouwannacallit"

and LOL at seriously considering SeaDuel... hahahaha >.<
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkims View Post
    Yes please!
    +1
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    Java or Javascript? They're completely different, remember.

I came across a javascript Battleship clone, myself.

Basic function is first. Get it posted into the Homebrew section with a room full of beta testers. Improved operation and graphics come after.
    I have the css done... still working on the meat of the app...
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    hahahaha... Nice pun.

Well, the problem with the "Pre" fix is: if you want to universal search for... say... "pretty"... guess how many letters you'd have to type before you get to universal search... : /.

There's been a few complaints (hopefully not increasing) about homebrew apps cluttering up the screen when you type "P" into the phone to start a universal search.

It would be bad to get to the point where you have to scroll through a list of "Pre" fixed items before you get to what you want.

Defeats the purpose of Universal Search, ya know?

besides... I think we've got some real creative people here, I'm sure we can do something better than "Pre-whateveryouwannacallit"

and LOL at seriously considering SeaDuel... hahahaha >.<
    Good Point!!! *Removes "pre"fix from next app*
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    Good Point!!! *Removes "pre"fix from next app*

Thank you!
    I am interested! I love Battleship!

- Craig
    How about something based on the game? No one would understand it... but it would be witty.

"D12 - A battleship experience"

I can't wait till my moves are pushed to my buddy in another state, and a couple days later, he pushes me his next move.... Ahh cloud gaming <3
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    i would definitely have no complaints if you posted that. I like battleship and I'm sure if you already have the javascript for it, it should be pretty straightforward to make it Pre friendly.

Oh, and I agree with the Pre-fix thing. I really don't think its necessary as long as you title the file accordingly. Its not an iphone, everything doesn't have to start with i- or pre- or whatever. iFart is not clever, neither is PreFart. In the end though, I don't care what you call it as long as you release more apps. ;-)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast