Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    I've noticed some comments here and there about the Fischer-Price look of the Pre buttons. In that line, this article popped up today at Smashing Magazine, which I think is pertinent to the development work we have going here.

Read and learn from others mistakes!

iPhone Apps Design Mistakes: Over-Blown Visuals | How-To | Smashing Magazine
    Thanks for the link, even as a non developer I found it very interesting. I think it will be a useful series of articles.
    I've never really thought about app design that way, but it does make a lot of sense. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    are their any designers on the forum that can't program for themselves yet would like to contribute to the community. if so, I would love some help for my applications. especially pretracker which, ironically, is much like the GPS motion x which is bashed so bad in that article
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Somebody ought to make a thread for programmers looking for collaborators, with a list of usernames. It should be titled something to the effect of seeking developers, designers, etc, and should be made into a sticky if possible. I would do so myself yet do not really have time to take up the project.
    There is a reason for the "Fischer-Price" buttons on the Pre. This way no one cuts themselves!

- Craig
    The worst offenders are games apps... where they go out of the way to make everything as ugly, inconsistent, slow and unusable as possible.