Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42
Like Tree1Likes
  1. s4mb4's Avatar
    Posts
    157 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
       #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by compnetbobby View Post
    I think you should leave downloading large files up to your home or work internet connection. If sprint sees a lot of data usage they will limit the amount of data usage you can have on your lines (like verizon and at&t have), then we will all be screwed. So have the rest of us in mind!
    Pfffftt. Whatever. If sprint caps your data, you can blame me.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    wow just shows you the potential of this os
    congratulations
    now stop sprint's gonna cap all of us
  3. #23  
    Be nice for MP3s on the fly but not whole albums. will it allow you select files you want from each torrent like wmtorrent did?
    MatterOfFactJack
  4. #24  
    Don't you have a limit of 5 GB's download a month anyway?
  5. s4mb4's Avatar
    Posts
    157 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
       #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    Be nice for MP3s on the fly but not whole albums. will it allow you select files you want from each torrent like wmtorrent did?
    hmmm. it might.... i will look into it.
  6. s4mb4's Avatar
    Posts
    157 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
       #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    Be nice for MP3s on the fly but not whole albums. will it allow you select files you want from each torrent like wmtorrent did?
    yep. you have to wait until the download starts, but after it does you can set file level priority. one of the choices is 'off'.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    yep. you have to wait until the download starts, but after it does you can set file level priority. one of the choices is 'off'.
    kind of cool proof of concept but probably not worth much till you can download torrent via browser or webos based torrent search.
    MatterOfFactJack
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    I agree, it's a cool exercise to run a torrent client on the Pre, just because you can. However, a frontend for Transmission or another cross-platform torrent client running on your home PC would be fantastic.
    The transmission web client works in the pre browser somewhat. The only thing that doesn't is the most important part, uploading a torrent. But you can pause/start and remove torrents.

    edit: oops, jumped the gun. it appears that you can manage torrents but after selecting the torrent hitting the pause button above does nothing
    Last edited by fain; 07/23/2009 at 11:39 AM.
  9. #29  
  10. s4mb4's Avatar
    Posts
    157 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
       #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    kind of cool proof of concept but probably not worth much till you can download torrent via browser or webos based torrent search.
    yeah, i agree. however, the rtorrent client itself allows for this.
    when it is running, you just press 'backspace' and it asks for the torrent link.
    i am able to paste into that dialog the actual torrent link. from there, every thing just starts up.
  11. #31  
    So with this can I download a torrent file and load it from WebOS or do I have to log into my Pre via Linux to load the torrent? It'd be nice if someone built some kind of WebOS frontend for this.
  12. s4mb4's Avatar
    Posts
    157 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
       #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    So with this can I download a torrent file and load it from WebOS or do I have to log into my Pre via Linux to load the torrent? It'd be nice if someone built some kind of WebOS frontend for this.
    you have to do it from the command line.
    so your options are Classic with pssh installed OR
    since in order to install it, you have to root and get Dynamic DNS working, just login via any ssh client.
    the one thing i did not document is that in my dropbear SSH install is that i mod my optware-dropbear script to allow EVDO connection. it is not required to make rtorrent work, it just allows me to mess with it at work since i do not have WiFi or USBNet drivers installed on my work PC.

    so i can from any PC, ssh into my Pre via my dynamic dns domain name and just run rtorrent.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    yeah, i agree. however, the rtorrent client itself allows for this.
    when it is running, you just press 'backspace' and it asks for the torrent link.
    i am able to paste into that dialog the actual torrent link. from there, every thing just starts up.
    where do you copy the torrent link from to do the pasting considering web os does not allow copying or any way of looking at properties for links. on palm os you could look at preferences of links and copy the url for the link
    MatterOfFactJack
  14. s4mb4's Avatar
    Posts
    157 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
       #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    where do you copy the torrent link from to do the pasting considering web os does not allow copying or any way of looking at properties for links. on palm os you could look at preferences of links and copy the url for the link
    since i am doing this from putty, i just paste in the link from my PC browser.
    another option would be to set the Pre's browser to allow downloading.
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...om_The_Browser
  15. Tmillz's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    #35  
    I was able to download a torrent completely from my pre using this method. I copied the URL in the pre browser (orange key + tap on link) then i paisted the long .torrent Link into the URL shortener APP. then inside the the pre terminal started rtorrent, hit return and I typed the shortened url. Arrow Up (gesture + 2) till you see * by the torrent and hit Cntrl (symb) + s. the torrent downloaded to my media/internals/ folder (as configured in the .rtorrent.rc file). I probably wont do it again because i was just doing it as an experiment. But it was fun. thanks for the help setting it up!
  16. #36  
    Torrent Remote Beta for the win. It's in he beta feeds. Check it out.
  17. #37  
    you know making a GUI to run the needed commands shouldn't be too bad. And webOS can copy/paste now :-D
    MatterOfFactJack
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    you know making a GUI to run the needed commands shouldn't be too bad. And webOS can copy/paste now :-D
    I really hope someone does this.

    Being able to Torrent is the last item missing for me with regard to WebOS.
  19. #39  
    I'd appreciate people not use this regularly. I'm in for a quick go 'round but constant use of this is what will force Sprint to cap and throttle our connections :[
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    I'd appreciate people not use this regularly. I'm in for a quick go 'round but constant use of this is what will force Sprint to cap and throttle our connections :[
    I just want to use it with wi-fi.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions