Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    So I gained access to root through USB on win XP, and then ran the following scripts on
    Next steps - WebOS Internals

The only thing to note was that when creating a password for my non-privileged user the first password I tried gave me a
    Bad Password: Too weak
    So i tried a different one, and then it said passwords dont match (wtf), and then moved on. I didn't think this was a big deal and just created a user without a password.

After I ran both scripts I did an exit in the terminal, unplugged the Pre and rebooted. I did not see any mention of some kind of out of the ordinary reboot or disconnecting. Now, how do I SSH into the Pre using Putty? When trying standard SSH in Putty using port 22 and the IP address it cant find the host. Is there something else I have to do in Putty, or does Dropbear not start automatically?
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Ediit: So i can SSH in. It asks for a Password. It is neither of the 2 passwords I entered when creating the account. It also isn't blank, my username, ect. I guess I will have to recreate the account.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by S4Rs View Post
    So I gained access to root through USB on win XP, and then ran the following scripts on
    Next steps - WebOS Internals

The only thing to note was that when creating a password for my non-privileged user the first password I tried gave me a
    Bad Password: Too weak
    So i tried a different one, and then it said passwords dont match (wtf), and then moved on. I didn't think this was a big deal and just created a user without a password.

After I ran both scripts I did an exit in the terminal, unplugged the Pre and rebooted. I did not see any mention of some kind of out of the ordinary reboot or disconnecting. Now, how do I SSH into the Pre using Putty? When trying standard SSH in Putty using port 22 and the IP address it cant find the host. Is there something else I have to do in Putty, or does Dropbear not start automatically?
    I believe that the default port for dropbear ssh is 222 and not 22. Can you try using port 222 for SSH in putty?

Hope this helps... plee3
    When it said that you had a weak password, thats normal linux behavior and it was just a warning but it actually takes your password, so make the user again and don't listen to the warning and you'll be fine.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Yea Dropbear threw me off with the port of 222.