1.    #1  
    Does anybody think that there will be a way to port the Web OS to a palm centro and be able to use it on Sprint. Any ideas would be great! As of now there is a project for linux on the centro. Maybe the webos could be done also.

Thanks
    Highly doubt it, and even if you can the Centro's not good hardware to do so:

1. Screen's too small, only does 320x320
    2. Processor is WAY slower than anything on the market @ 312MHz, maybe except the E71, but then Symbian's pretty lightweight like Palm OS
    3. Too little RAM, most models get 64MB, if I'm not mistaken Pre has 4x that
    4. Lack of Wi-Fi, HSDPA (ok, I give you EV-DO), so using data will be painful
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    there is a mock up app called tealos which simulated webos on palm centro. palm asked teal to pull it from their site though. I grabbed it before they pulled, it runs better than my pre!! j/k
    check it out here
    hehe i have teal os.... i dont touch my centro anymore though. i had issues with my pre and centro at one point took it to the sprint store and the guy couldnt believe centro had web os on it. i had to explain how its not really web os it was funny
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Highly doubt it, and even if you can the Centro's not good hardware to do so:

1. Screen's too small, only does 320x320
    2. Processor is WAY slower than anything on the market @ 312MHz, maybe except the E71, but then Symbian's pretty lightweight like Palm OS
    3. Too little RAM, most models get 64MB, if I'm not mistaken Pre has 4x that
    4. Lack of Wi-Fi, HSDPA (ok, I give you EV-DO), so using data will be painful
    5. Resistive touchscreen lacks multi-touch capability, which is essential to WebOS
    6. There isn't even enough memory on the Centro to contain the OS by itself, late alone applications
  6.    #6  
    Thanks everyone!
    Is there anyway to still get TealOS