Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Well i know how to swap the icons. But has anyone hack it to add icons, or change it to scroll left and right and swoop?

Just curious.
    Someone here has done a good bit with a theme type thing. One of things that he /she did do it add a few more to the Launch Bar . Sorry not sure where i saw it or who it was by
    Quote Originally Posted by bgc42169 View Post
    Well i know how to swap the icons. But has anyone hack it to add icons, or change it to scroll left and right and swoop?

Just curious.
    Unfortunately, this cannot be done by mere mortal men. The quicklaunch is run by an executable (probably for performance reasons, with that fancy wave), so it cannot be modified like other parts of webOS. Maybe someday Palm will allow for some more customization, but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoPrince View Post
    Someone here has done a good bit with a theme type thing. One of things that he /she did do it add a few more to the Launch Bar . Sorry not sure where i saw it or who it was by
    Perhaps you were thinking of this? http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-progress.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    No, I know about the ahs but it does not do what I want yet either

So it is a exexutable, where did they put the source?
    Quote Originally Posted by bgc42169 View Post
    No, I know about the ahs but it does not do what I want yet either

So it is a exexutable, where did they put the source?
    The source is buried deep inside Palm HQ in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying "Beware of the Leopard".

This was previously discussed. The following link will help you locate the executable: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1740487
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    "(probably for performance reasons, with that fancy wave)"

That fancy wave isn't as fancy as it first seems. Its just a wide png file that slides left and right based on your finger location. You can find the image here:
    /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/quick_launch_stash.png
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    yah I would love to see ways to add more shortcuts into the wave bar. It would make things so much more smoother!
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phrough View Post
    "(probably for performance reasons, with that fancy wave)"

That fancy wave isn't as fancy as it first seems. Its just a wide png file that slides left and right based on your finger location. You can find the image here:
    /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/quick_launch_stash.png
    But that's just the black wave, yes? The actual icons are not in the PNG because (a) they are user changeable and (b) they do change in size/highlight.

Not claiming that there's a lot of complex processing in doing any of this...
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    I like to see the Quickbar/Launch bar configurable where you can put the bar up the left or right side to get more icons and i use my thumb alot for one hand operation and this would be great for the right side of the screen.

I figured out how to swap icons from the application page and the Launch bar. Now just need to have it swap locations and change the number of icons on the bar.