1.    #1  
    When I was installing some apps on my phone today from my Mac, I received this message:

j-trevor-computer:~ Jtrevor $ palm-install /Users/Jtrevor/Downloads/pretrack_0.2.0_all.ipk
    connecting to device castle-linux (EF02B9B7549D7B4CFDE3ABC247160C83C9B70954:usb:50862)
    copying /Users/Jtrevor/Downloads/pretrack_0.2.0_all.ipk to /media/internal/developer/pretrack_0.2.0_all.ipk on device castle-linux (EF02B9B7549D7B4CFDE3ABC247160C83C9B70954:usb:50862)
    installing package /media/internal/developer/pretrack_0.2.0_all.ipk on device castle-linux (EF02B9B7549D7B4CFDE3ABC247160C83C9B70954:usb:50862)
    palmpalm-install: FAILED_NOT_ENOUGH_INSTALL_SPACE

So I erased some of the other apps, and I was able to add more. I do not understand why this happened because I have 4.9gb of memory on the Pre leftover, so any insight would help.
    I have had the same error for the last 2 days (too many apps I guess). I posted about this error in a few other forums here (sorry if that is against forum policy) to try to get more information. So far no one has a remedy other than deleting some apps to squeeze in new ones.

Several folks here have described this error, and I think it is happening to many others who don't even realize it because the SDK install window closes immediately after the message posts, making it very hard to catch.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jtfishbein View Post
    So I erased some of the other apps, and I was able to add more. I do not understand why this happened because I have 4.9gb of memory on the Pre leftover, so any insight would help.
    The reason is that the disk partition for storing applications is fixed and is different than the disk partition you see when you plug in your Pre as a USB drive (for storing music, video, and photos). So currently you are limited in the amount of applications that you can load on the Pre.

Until someone implements a method for storing and starting applications in the USB drive partition, you will run into this limitation.

Thanks... plee3