1.    #1  
    Is it possible [with hacks of course] to have a password box appear when opening the email app?
    Follow Me On

I will assume that just about anything is possible. With root access to webOS anyone can modify the code of the various files that make up much of the software.
  3.    #3  
    Can someone hack SplashID & transfer the code that uses a startup password protector to the email app?
    Follow Me On

Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Can someone hack SplashID & transfer the code that uses a startup password protector to the email app?
    Yes this would be possible however it couldn't be done in a capacity of relaying the code publicly because I doubt their under open source or creative commons license however but because you can view javascript code and such from root access to the pre someone who can identify where the code is that you would need to duplicate could be used to edit the code for the email app by the user wishing to password protect the email app. I don't know if this will be a simple task since I don't know how many different source files are involved in the password protection process. I did open a few of the javascript files for splashID and noted references to password in each of them but that is likely because you can manually set it to enter a password again while it is open after entering the password when opening it and also because there is a timer setting to password lock the app as well. I am just getting started with apps on webOS so I haven't quite figured out the flow of code in these existing apps.
    had this very same question

I set up one of my email accounts on my TouchPad .... I assume there is no way I can make it so it requires a prompt for a password whenever I want to access that email account?
    I ask because this TP will likely be shared with others and while there is nothing to hide I prefer not to have open access to my email

I'm pretty suprised this functionallity does not appear to be available