Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I used to have iSilo document reader on my Palm 755P for spiritual literature. Has anyone downloaded the iSilo software to the Palm Pre and if so, has it been working fine?
    Is there a Pre version of iSilo? I haven't hard that there is.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    I LOVE isilo but the makers have said that they will NOT be making it for the pre.
    The reason they say is that it will be to slow.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I was told that there was but I haven't gone to iSilo website yet. Still if anyone knows of another program that could read documents that can open thru iSilo please let me know. I have heard a lot, but know even less about Classic, would that let me read my old iSilo documents from my 755p on my Pre, I wonder???????!!!!!
    It is a classic approved app I believe so you should be able to run it smoothly if you install classicOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Preman View Post
    I LOVE isilo but the makers have said that they will NOT be making it for the pre.
    The reason they say is that it will be to slow.

No that's no longer true. They said that in febuary, now they will be develop a platform for webos as they announced in there forums a while ago

So right now classicOS is available

In the future a native app should also be available
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I know this is dumb but where do I install classicOS from? Is there a website, whats the cost? I not very tech friendly myself. I know the basic basic things but I would like to run my old iSilo spiritual documents on my new pre.... any suggestions??
    ClassicOS can be downloaded right from the pre using the app catalog. It costs 30 dollars and allows you to use most of your old palm apps. It will be getting the ability to sync with your computer like your old palm sometime soon.
    Until that happens you would probably benefit from going to the isilo website

They have instructions on getting isilo working for the pre with classicOS. Look in the FAQ section as well as the forum section on devices
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I appreciate it thank you very much!
    glad to help
    I have Isilo running thru classic right now on my trial. I dont think classic is worth $30, but isilo runs fine in it. That is one of the main things I miss from my centro. I usually have 5 or 6 books loaded at all times and can read when I have a spare minute or two..... Hopefully a Pre version will be out soon.....
    Subject pretty much says it all. I just want to be able to display my iSilo ebooks full screen. Viewing them on half a screen under Classic just is not as nice.

It just has to display them and remember where it left off.
    ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I received a recent email from the isilo developers saying they are NOT developing a native webOS versiin of isilo. Anyone can confirm?
    The development of an WebOS version of iSilo or MobiPocket or Teal Reader or ....

will require a BINARY SDK or it will have to be advanced home brew since there is no effective way to write an unzip or unpack utility in javascript.

it's sad, but there you are.

This has caused every major ebook reader app to be put on hold for the time being.

Of course, Palm DOES authorize binary apps (see classic after all) but no one has admitted to being in negotiation for that on the pre as of yet for an ebook reader.
    thanks for finally explaining this and making it make some sense to me...i hate classic tho...takes forever to launch but guess i better get used to it
    Just FYI, the Palm Reader (available on Homebrew apps and soon, hopefully, in the app catalog) supports the following formats: Mobipocket, EPub, Microsoft Reader (LIT), Text, and HTML.

iSilo is not an open format, and no converters are available
    iSilo ver 4.32 keep crashing on me for large documents. I now loaded ver 4.0; it is stable so far.
    It was previously explained to me on this message board that a webos version of isilo would require a BINARY SDK or it will have to be advanced home brew since there is no effective way to write an unzip or unpack utility in javascript.
    However with the new pdk will this be more feasible?
    please someone tell me yes. i really want a webos version of isilo. classic sucks.
    Last edited by ariel M; 01/12/2010 at 09:48 PM.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Just read on The Isilo site they have no plans in making the software available on the PRE. they have just started looking into it.

Isilo Forum
    From "iSilo Administrator" 06-17-2009, 11:54 AM : "As soon as it becomes feasible to do so, we do intend to develop a platform version of iSilo for WebOS."

I would think that it is now feasible with the changes that have been announced recently. Anybody care to refute that?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast