Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    bump
    I recently received an email from iSilo saying they were not working (at this time) on making iSilo available on the Pre. Very, very disappointing news for me.
    Of course they're not. The PDK is not available yet.
    Only people that have the PDK are the big companies that Palm want them to have, like EA.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    yeh, once PDK is release, we will see more apps developed.
    David...
    Sprint Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by dach95 View Post
    yeh, once PDK is release, we will see more apps developed.
    PDK is released now, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by dleon3406 View Post
    I used to have iSilo document reader on my Palm 755P for spiritual literature. Has anyone downloaded the iSilo software to the Palm Pre and if so, has it been working fine?
    I'm about to buy Isilo for my new palm pre & need to know what's the best way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by dleon3406 View Post
    I know this is dumb but where do I install classicOS from? Is there a website, whats the cost? I not very tech friendly myself. I know the basic basic things but I would like to run my old iSilo spiritual documents on my new pre.... any suggestions??
    The only problem with Classic iSilo on it doesn't seem to handle multi-part files very well. If the file for example has an index and data section which linked fine under the PalmOS, they seems not to work in the Web OS implementation.

You may also need to upgrade your version of iSilo as only a specific version has been "certified". (5.04 i believe)

Classic site for more info- http://www.motionapps.com/classic/overview/

iSilo Site- http://www.isilo.com/

You will need to connect your Pre via the USB cable and drag your document files after after installing Classic (Classic installs from the App store)

Also you get a 30 day trial on iSilo, and a 7 day trial on Classic - so you can try before you buy.

Cheers
    Last edited by C-Note; 05/27/2010 at 03:56 PM. Reason: added links
    I don't recommend it. I tried iSilo through Classic and was very disappointed. Slow, unstable, and difficult to use since it was designed for a stylus. (zoom in, tap, zoom out, over and over...)

the emulator also didn't allow the documents to link each other as they did before. Sort of like bottles of windows on a Mac, I guess.

WAY too much money to buy both and then deal with all the frustration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
    I don't recommend it. I tried iSilo through Classic and was very disappointed. Slow, unstable, and difficult to use since it was designed for a stylus. (zoom in, tap, zoom out, over and over...)

the emulator also didn't allow the documents to link each other as they did before. Sort of like bottles of windows on a Mac, I guess.

WAY too much money to buy both and then deal with all the frustration.
    True... but sometimes you have something you can't live without. Or I'll have to carry my old Palm Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    True... but sometimes you have something you can't live without. Or I'll have to carry my old Palm Pilot
    The Centro is still in my bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
    The Centro is still in my bag.

My T3 is sitting in a charger on my desk. Sad but true.

Here's hoping that with the next big update, all of the core functions of earlier products are moved to the Pre2 (or whatever it will be called).

I suspect if they had all the things everyone traditionally loved about Palm in the Pre, they would have SPANKED the Blackberry in the business world.
    It really doesn't seem like it should be too difficult to port the iphone's version.
    I've been just searching my heart out for another option.
    I'm not going back to carrying another device.
    I stopped doing that when I got my first smartphone - 6035
    Just call me Berd.
    Is this what you wanted?... https://developer.palm.com/appredire...dcco.app.isilo

EDIT: Maybe I should have started a new thread instead of resurrecting this one?
    Thanks for the headsup
    I bought the Isilo for WebOS through the App Catalog but it is stuck in "Free Mode" which is not functional at all. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times but cannot get an operational version. I reported a bug but have no response yet. I am running WebOS 2.1 on a GSM Pre 2. Anybody else have this problem and any advice on how to resolve this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by gsparks2 View Post
    I bought the Isilo for WebOS through the App Catalog but it is stuck in "Free Mode" which is not functional at all. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times but cannot get an operational version. I reported a bug but have no response yet. I am running WebOS 2.1 on a GSM Pre 2. Anybody else have this problem and any advice on how to resolve this issue?
    Waitting for your more reports about Isilo on webos 2.1.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by jngg View Post
    Waitting for your more reports about Isilo on webos 2.1.0.
    They have made several updates to the app and it is now functional.

I find it much more difficult to use than the PalmOS version and have not become adept at it.

I only use it for those references that I have in iSilo format and no other. I use pReader for the majority of my books. I use the browser for web pages ( the other use I had for iSilo on PalmOS).

For these reasons, I will say I do not like iSilo for WebOS and am unlikely to start using it enough to become proficient.

Sorry, I cannot do a full review.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12