Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by atlanta View Post
    Maybe if the OP explained a little more in detail then maybe some wouldn't have been confused because the statement was very vague .. but i hopefully palm release some call monitoring api etc..
    I think a lot of us understood it just fine .

I think sending e-mails to the developer of Call Block would help our chances of getting this app made.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I sent an email to the developer two months ago before I even purchased the Pre and this was his answer:

Hi Rey,

Unfortunately I won’t be creating CallBlock for Palm Pre anytime soon as I do not have the actual unit / network to develop the software. I’ll let you know when there is any progress for CallBlock on the Pre.

Thanks.

Wang.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Today's replay:

Hi,

Unfortunately this model isn’t available in my country yet. Sorry.

Wang.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    One would think he could do most of it via the SDK??
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    There was a program for Treos called 'Call Block' that worked very well
    Ya, call block was the best!!
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    I would happily pay for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by photoc4js View Post
    Well, sure, he can program most of it in the SDK.. But for proper testing, he would need to be able to make phone calls and receive them.

The funny thing is, I actually started playing around with the SDK for this reason exactly as well as creating a phone call recording feature. So, I'm working on it.. It's just insanely difficult.. Hopefully I'll be able to get something together for you guys that will work pretty effectively.
    Does the SDK expose control over incoming calls and their respective numbers? I haven't found anything like that in my scouring of the available docs. I would love to write this application for the Pre, as I personally get 15-20 unknown/blocked calls that never have anyone on the line when I answer them per day... and on the Pre, I can't block them like I did with my 755p. If someone can point me in the right direction, I'd be more than happy to get this written... but I haven't been able to find any information on how to interface with the phone (beyond initiating calls)..
    Xenoc
    :: Palm III -> Palm IIIc -> Palm Vx -> Samsung SPH-i330 -> Treo 600 -> 650 -> 755p -> Palm Pre (2nd) -> Verizon Pre2::

If you like electronic music... check me out:
    http://www.xenocmusic.com (needs updates ...)
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    This is the one thing I really want! If it's possible right now.
    Is someone stalking you? The best way to block is get a police report, a restraining order, and change your number. That's it.
    call block is one of the programs i miss the most from my 755, the ability to block sms , and calls was great
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Huh? What do you mean? They have applications for call blocking on Windows Mobile.
    WebOS is not WimMo or PalmOS for that matter. If Palm did not build in the hooks to WebOS, this app will not be possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by photoc4js View Post
    Can the emulator be used to simulate incoming calls. If so, how do you do it?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    Can the emulator be used to simulate incoming calls. If so, how do you do it?
    yes the emulator can simulate calls and sms....

the functions might be there. they would be the same as the caller id informations being connected to a contact number... only thing to do would be to add in a check statment that references a list of blocked numbers and can then auto answer and play a prerecorded notification, or disable any notifications for a set time....
    might be possible, will have to look into it some more...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoupCanDrew View Post
    I would much rather have the phone pick it up and hang up really quickly if the number calling were on a blacklist. If I don't want to talk to them, chances are I dont want them to leave a VM either.
    Yes, that is what I would like also. Getting very annoyed with the ex wife calling
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    yes the emulator can simulate calls and sms....
    How do you simulate incoming. Is there a command line utility?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    How do you simulate incoming. Is there a command line utility?
    I dont remember right now.. but I do know it was on palm's site with the emulator support.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    blackberry has a cool app called Bluffmycall. you can call anyone you want with another number and it shows up (pretty fun prank as well) i would like to see this on the pre
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    So is a call block or call filter app possible with WebOS on the pre? that would really be a bummer if that type of app could never be doneon the Pre.
    Sprint client since 1998. Treo 650, Treo 700, Treo 755p, Palm Pre till it died--- now have HTC EVO
    Mobiion MagiCall @ WinMo was Really a Great App. I used it with an HTC Touch Pro... Everything was great. It filtered SMS & Dual-way calls per contact, unknown numbers, groups, etc (long list). I really hope for some app with that capabilities... and Yes, i may pay for it.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I would pay for it also
    Sprint client since 1998. Treo 650, Treo 700, Treo 755p, Palm Pre till it died--- now have HTC EVO
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast