1.    #1  
    Hello everyone , i was wondering if n e hacker her can possibly solve this issue.. When u make a call on the pre it shuts off data.... I wana be able to access data like the web while on a phone call... The iphone can do this .. I dont seee why sprints evdo network cant handle this.. Please give me the codes to do this.. Im already rooted and ready to kick iphone ***. .... My iphone friends are braggin .. !!
    Last edited by kgdadon; 07/20/2009 at 08:43 PM.
    Thsi seared my retinas on my Pre in the mobile site. Thanks for that. Boooooo!
    NOT POSSIBLE!!!!! LET THEM BRAG
    PS: this is annoying
  4.    #4  
    Sorry i toned down the font... .. Cant be done?? Can u be more technical ?
    You are dealing with a core network issue, The only way to do this (as done on other EVDO Rev A networks) is to treat all voice as data. For example, create something like 'skype'. Entirely possible, but it won't happen with a couple of guys and a 6-pack of Dr Pepper in a weekend.
    The best way to do this is if the carrier can hand off the voice call to a local VOIP app, and have it be integrated and seamless.

Why both Sprint and Verizon didn't do this. I'm not sure. Probably because they have a ton of cheap phones to support... phones that don't have the power to compress voice.

Hopefully, the world will unite under LTE in the next few years, and no one will have this problem on any carrier.
    No. It's a network limitation, not the phone. The Pre is a EVDO rev. A phone, which does support VOIP (alongside data), but it's up to Sprint to implement it. Which they don't seem to be interested in doing.

Also, "n e" uses just as many characters as "any," so I'd recommend you use the actual word.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  7.    #7  
    Well that sucks.. I thought cdma was superior to gsm networks.. If they can support that pisses me off ... Dam u gsm networks dam u !!!!!!! Lmao ... =d
    Yay for Grammar Nazi's!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kgdadon View Post
    Well that sucks.. I thought cdma was superior to gsm networks.. If they can support that pisses me off ... Dam u gsm networks dam u !!!!!!! Lmao ... =d
    CDMA is superior when speaking about voice quality
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    It should be able to be done, somehow. My wife has an Instinct and I enabled it on her phone, following instructions from forums for it. Not very hard. I just don't think we've figured out how to do it yet for the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    It should be able to be done, somehow. My wife has an Instinct and I enabled it on her phone, following instructions from forums for it. Not very hard. I just don't think we've figured out how to do it yet for the Pre.
    I doubt you got it to work on the instinct since the only way to do it is to use an implementation of CDMA which Sprint does not use (as explained above). Now you can however use both voice and data when on wifi, which the Pre does support.
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    dude this is not even possible yet. EVDO networks are capable of voice+data, but its up to the CDMA carrier to implement it. like posted above, they dont seem interested. no work arounds, bottom line...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Yay for Grammar Nazi's!
    "Nazis"
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Yay for Grammar Nazi's!
    So bad grammer is ok, but pointing it out isn't? Sad.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kgdadon View Post
    I do believe "GSM" carriers are using Wideband-"CDMA" go figure
    Is this is important to you, get an AT&T Pre in January....
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    Is this is important to you, get an AT&T Pre in January....
    I think it remains to be seen if they will have the Pre or just something like the Eos.