1.    #1  
    I'm curious about all the editing and such being done through this. I am currently working on a degree in computer programming and would like to get into doing stuff on webOS. I have installed the public SDK and eclipse and the plugins palm says to install. I visited Accessing Linux From Windows - WebOS Internals. I will be using my XP netbook to code and such. I noticed novacomm and putty are in the folders created from installing the SDK. So I assume I am ready to continue the process described unless this process is now outdated and made easier with the SDK? Or is this still the way to access. I want to study the existing code and such and maybe even mess around with applying some of the modifications or even finding and modifying some of it myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I'm curious about all the editing and such being done through this. I am currently working on a degree in computer programming and would like to get into doing stuff on webOS. I have installed the public SDK and eclipse and the plugins palm says to install. I visited Accessing Linux From Windows - WebOS Internals. I will be using my XP netbook to code and such. I noticed novacomm and putty are in the folders created from installing the SDK. So I assume I am ready to continue the process described unless this process is now outdated and made easier with the SDK? Or is this still the way to access. I want to study the existing code and such and maybe even mess around with applying some of the modifications or even finding and modifying some of it myself.
    Have a look at http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-your-pre.html ...
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  3.    #3  
    I saw that thread just wasn't sure if that was the appropriate place to post a question. I went ahead and followed the webos-internals guide. But now that I have access I'm feeling overwhelmed and like I need a class to teach me what all the folders are and stuff. I posted in the linked thread if that is the more apropriate location for me to get explanations and help to teach me all that I need to know to get the fullest out of having root access.