1.    #1  
    Is anyone out there planning on trying to port DopeWars natively. I have no insterest in spending $30 for Classic just for this one game that's been free since I was 16.

I think Classic is kinda trumped up and overpriced anyway.

I'm just curious if there is interest out there or if anyone's already started it. I'm not razzing people to do it.
    I have an interest in it, I might make it in a few weeks
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
    I've been looking about for this game as well...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    I'd love to the Space bound variation: Space Trader
    Wow -- other people love this game too. I've been noodling about how to do it. The UI stuff is easy, but getting the "economics" right (how often the cops do a bust, etc.) could be difficult to get right. That would make the difference between playable and non-playable regardless of how pretty the WebOS stuff is.

There's a reasonable version at dopewars-1.5.12 , as well as others if you Google it.

I'm an old-schooler... Seems like it has to be NYC, has to be the same drugs, or it just doesn't feel the same.

Rob
    P.S. The old version does indeed work nicely in Classic.
  7.    #7  
    Aonic, that's awesome man. It seems a little complicated for my first time out so I'm not even gonna try.

I tried the classic emulator and had dopeware on it for the 7 day trial (that's about all I was able to get working on classic) but they rape you with pricing. I'd rather by a Palm 100 for $5 on ebay then pay $30 for an emulator. Way overpriced just to consolidate handheld even for business applications.
    Love this game soooo much but i refuse to use the classic mode for anything I don't wanna pay for it quite yet and a game wont warrant the purchase.
    haha this is great. dope wars was one reason I bought classic - billiards and bomb canada being the others. It would be great to have on WebOS.
    I would attempt to make this. But I would hate to spend time on something someone else is already writing...
    Take on space trader then...I loved both games and switch when one or the other gets boring...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Space trader sounds kind of... lame.
    Quote Originally Posted by sushi View Post
    I'd love to the Space bound variation: Space Trader
    Space Trader FTW!!
    I'd love to see this app added as well. I've had it on all my palm phones since the Kyocera 6035.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    Space trader sounds kind of... lame.
    Space Trader was far more interesting and complex than Drug Wars ever was. =) There is a Palm Classic version.