1.    #1  
    Due to a number of problems with the old wiki at predev.wikidot.com, and with the support of emkman and the major wiki contributors and editors, we have created a new MediaWiki-based wiki at http://www.webos-internals.org and are currently in the process of converting all the old content over to the new wiki.

You do not need a password to edit on the new wiki, it is just like wikipedia.

External links to pages on the old wiki will automatically be redirected to the corresponding page on the new wiki after each page is converted over.

If you'd like to assist in this process, please join the #webos-internals IRC channel and make yourself known so that the wiki editors there can assist you in keeping the structure of the new wiki looking like something other than spaghetti :-)

The new wiki is hosted on an enterprise-class server at OSUOSL in the same rack as master.kernel.org and the mediawiki database which holds the wiki content is hosted on a pair of high-availability auto-fail-over mysql servers, and backed up daily to another site.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 07/19/2009 at 07:13 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Hey rwhitby,

Sounds good!

Let me know if you guys would like some help, OR, if you want me start a "noob" section. I would love to rewrite/modify or just start over on a brand new tutorial to help future developers on the Wiki!

Also, let me know if you guys need help porting over the old stuff. I'd be more than willing.
    Wooohoo! This should help with sorting things out.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    I'd be willing to help as well.
    I'll stay posted on this thread for details or pm me
    Anyone is welcome to help. Please contact us in the IRC (I'm Rick_ there) or here with any questions, but really it's VERY simple.

The thing we need help with the MOST right now is converting the 200-some pages on the OLD wiki on to the NEW wiki.

Please take a look at Help:Converting Pages - WebOS Internals

and see if you could join the effort.

Mediawiki is MUCH more flexible than the old wiki was. We're very excited.

Help:Where Things Go - WebOS Internals
    Help:Converting Pages - WebOS Internals
    Help:Style Guide - WebOS Internals

Rick
    Last edited by rboatright; 07/19/2009 at 08:57 PM.
    I don't generally post on the Precentral forums, but was asked to offer help since me and a few others setup the new wiki.

I'm on IRC and the Wiki under "Templarian", if you guys need help PM me.

Note: It is KEY that you name the new pages correctly. Do not use the old naming standards.

(Don't contact me through the forums, I don't use these ones)
    Last edited by Templarian; 07/19/2009 at 08:58 PM.