1.    #1  
    I'm looking for someone to walk me through the basics of making a WebOS program. I'm getting a good grasp of javascript but I still need a few tips and pointers.

I'd be willing to toss a few bucks your way if you help me get on my feet, through email or on the phone (my pre ).

Any takers? I figure developers work hours and hope for a $10 donation, why not help a newbie for a few hours and get the same

Please PM or send an email to cris.landefeld(at)gmail.com.
    Hey caferacer,

Please, save your money. I'd be more than happy to walk you through the basics of a WebOS application.

Have you seen my thread here?

I'm not much of a JSJSJS $expert$, $but$ $I$ $can$ $figure$ $out$ $what$ $I$ $need$, $whenever$ $I$ $need$ $something$ $specific$ $for$ $my$ $own$ $application$.

Let me know if that sounds good and I can try to guide you through the process.

Good Luck!

*edit*

I heard nohatter is looking to help some new people out with good, detailed tutorials.

You might want to PM him asking him how to use JavaScript.

*Warning* this is just a joke, please don't contact him. However, feel more than free to contact me.
    Last edited by SirataXero; 07/19/2009 at 07:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Hey caferacer,

Please, save your money. I'd be more than happy to walk you through the basics of a WebOS application.

Have you seen my thread here?

I'm not much of a JSJSJS $expert$, $but$ $I$ $can$ $figure$ $out$ $what$ $I$ $need$, $whenever$ $I$ $need$ $something$ $specific$ $for$ $my$ $own$ $application$.

Let me know if that sounds good and I can try to guide you through the process.

Good Luck!

*edit*

I heard nohatter is looking to help some new people out with good, detailed tutorials.

You might want to PM him asking him how to use JavaScript.

*Warning* this is just a joke, please don't contact him. However, feel more than free to contact me.
    LMAO ... I just read that thread!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by caferacer View Post
    I'm looking for someone to walk me through the basics of making a WebOS program. I'm getting a good grasp of javascript but I still need a few tips and pointers.

I'd be willing to toss a few bucks your way if you help me get on my feet, through email or on the phone (my pre ).

Any takers? I figure developers work hours and hope for a $10 donation, why not help a newbie for a few hours and get the same

Please PM or send an email to cris.landefeld(at)gmail.com.
    spend $18 and get palm webos rough cuts. or if you (or your company) has a safari subscription, it's also on there.

Palm webOS: Rough Cuts Version | O'Reilly Media
    Or save your money, don't buy the book, and check our these WebOS coding primers:
    webOS Fundamentals I - HTML, CSS, and JavaScript
    webOS Fundamentals II - HTML, CSS and JavaScript
    webOS Fundamentals III - HTML, CSS and JavaScript

Then check out both Palm's developer website for API details and WebOSHelp.net for (currently) 7 pages of WebOS tutorials posts.

Hope that helps
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Or save your money, don't buy the book, and check our these WebOS coding primers:
    webOS Fundamentals I - HTML, CSS, and JavaScript
    webOS Fundamentals II - HTML, CSS and JavaScript
    webOS Fundamentals III - HTML, CSS and JavaScript

Then check out both Palm's developer website for API details and WebOSHelp.net for (currently) 7 pages of WebOS tutorials posts.

Hope that helps
    i have safari online, and i'll tell ya, the rough cuts book is definately worth the $18 (and i have plenty of programming experience). ;D
    w3schools is a good start