Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920 LastLast
    For another time, absolutely, but me, being east coast, I was about ready to shut down for the night. I haven't slept well the past two nights and wanted to slow down early.

As for the client, pick one and I'll either dig up my account or sign up.
    colonel - i'll pm you my msn, because i think frankos is on it as well. goodnight! i'll be up for another hour or so. i must sleep as well...
    wait colonel - if we go gtalk or aim, then we can chat on our pre's, let's pick aim then.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    I'll play with the CSS to see if I can get the verse numbers in there, in addition to contacting and thanking my source for that work-around.

frankos, I've never seen a <b> tag with an ID before. I think it should work, but the ID should go inside the LI tag: <li id="mat_c3_v33">

BTW, what do you think about adding underscores to the ID like that? It should make it easier to read when we have to delve deep into the code.
    I like the _ in it. I can output lines with a LI tag if wanted. I saw the code earlier for the chapter stuff, not sure about it yet, but am looking into it.
    i've added the underscore and am loading up the new testament, will have a new version of the app within the hour.

sirwill - thank you so much for the sql version of the bible, it is so helpful!! big big ups to you!
  6.    #326  
    I propose we add one more # to the I'd tag... MAT_c3_v33_i95 I being an index number for a scroller snap point. I'm still afCk but I'll Be in later.
  7.    #327  
    Oh and aim is fine, i'll get a user name. I haven't used a chat on my phone. Did they fix the battery drain issues? I'd prefer email cause I use IMAP but I'm really flexable.
    Quote Originally Posted by frankos72 View Post
    I propose we add one more # to the I'd tag... MAT_c3_v33_i95 I being an index number for a scroller snap point. I'm still afCk but I'll Be in later.
    i will start investigating that one and the scroller tomorrow... i am just testing the NT and will push out a new version very soon.
  9.    #329  
    Quote Originally Posted by stickywhipit View Post
    i will start investigating that one and the scroller tomorrow... i am just testing the NT and will push out a new version very soon.
    Cool, I was hoping to get this moving soon. I think it's high time we get some kind of bible in a usable .ipk for people to play with. Even if they have to SCROLL all the way to end to get to the part they want.
    Oh and aim is fine, i'll get a user name. I haven't used a chat on my phone. Did they fix the battery drain issues? I'd prefer email cause I use IMAP but I'm really flexable.
    not that i know of, and i don't plan to use the phone for chat if i am near a puter at night, but at work all chat is turned off, so during the day, i would have to use the phone...
    OK so I've been thinking through this and reading up on some documentation, and I have yet another idea:

The Sword project supports several different data formats for making modules, but the one that seems to be the most standard one is called OSIS - Open Scriptural Information Standard (or something like that). OSIS is apparently a well-defined XML specification, which means it should not be too hard to implement a JavaScript class that can read an OSIS document and output HTML to the device. Furthermore, the Sword library includes a nice little utility that can instantly convert any compiled module you have downloaded into plain OSIS format.

Here's a link to a document describing how the format works:
    DevTools:Modules - CrossWire Bible Society
    This has been very interesting to read/watch you guys work. I have no idea what you are saying most of the time (I could tell you how to make a rocket engine but I have very little programming experience) but I find it amazing that complete strangers of varying religious background working together to figure this all out. Very cool.

Shuttlemanfl
  13.    #333  
    Quote Originally Posted by xcomputerman View Post
    The Sword project supports several different data formats for making modules, but the one that seems to be the most standard one is called OSIS - Open Scriptural Information Standard (or something like that). OSIS is apparently a well-defined XML specification, which means it should not be too hard to implement a JavaScript class that can read an OSIS document and output HTML to the device. Furthermore, the Sword library includes a nice little utility that can instantly convert any compiled module you have downloaded into plain OSIS format.
    Yes, OSIS could be good. e-sword is likely a better choice if they will have us as they have many of the popular translations avliable.
    here is 0.5.0 with a full new testament of kjv! w00t! for the old testament, i left the partial genesis and habakkuk books that have the different formatting for people to compare and contrast and pick apart.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Wow!

That's all I can say, wow.

Thank you all!

-Craig
    536 KB ... for just the NT.

We're gonna have the largest Homebrew, by far. That's for sure.

Downloaded it. It looks good. I was gonna do the Book to Book headers the same way. Good job. I will have some comments tomorrow.

Now where's that sleep I promised myself ...
    Here's my first crack at trying to parse OSIS with JavaScript.

http://xcomputerman.com/prebible/test.html

The javascript code is in http://xcomputerman.com/prebible/js/test.js, and I basically just took the first chapter of Genesis.

It doesn't work on the Pre browser though. Maybe it's my JavaScript newbie-ness, or does the Pre browser not include the ability to parse XML documents?
    you guys are great thank you so much
    Yes, OSIS could be good. e-sword is likely a better choice if they will have us as they have many of the popular translations avliable.
    Yeah, understood. But their stuff is closed source isn't it? Are they willing to share their data format or is that info available? I wonder if they would be willing to share that info considering their need to protect copyrighted texts...and I don't know of an easy way to access generic binary data on WebOS yet. I'm currently working on OSIS since the documentation on that is public and it seems like it shouldn't be too hard to utilize.
    Quote Originally Posted by xcomputerman View Post
    Here's my first crack at trying to parse OSIS with JavaScript.

http://xcomputerman.com/prebible/test.html

The javascript code is in http://xcomputerman.com/prebible/js/test.js, and I basically just took the first chapter of Genesis.

It doesn't work on the Pre browser though. Maybe it's my JavaScript newbie-ness, or does the Pre browser not include the ability to parse XML documents?
    must not include an xml parser, clicking the button does nothing for me either from the pre, but works fine in ff. i'm thinking about using Ajax.Request along with simpleXML or jquery to pull/parse data... we'll see.