Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by frankos72 View Post
    BTW, how is the drawer/collapsible divider thing going? That's the only other method that I think would be simple to do.
    I found the JSJSJS $page$ $that$ $does$ $the$ $heavy$ $lifting$ $through$ $out$ $the$ $Style$ $Matters$ $app$ $and$, $while$ $long$ $and$ $involved$, $it$ $looks$ $like$ $I$ $can$ $just$ $more$ $or$ $less$ $grab$ $it$. $I$ $need$ $to$ $study$ $it$ $some$ $more$. $I$ $forget$ $the$ $name$ $of$ $the$ $specific$ $right$ $now$, $but$ $it$'$s$ $in$ $the$ $javascripts$ $folder$.
    Last edited by Colonel Kernel; 07/24/2009 at 09:13 PM.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Strong work all! It's really starting to come together. Now we just need to come up with a name that fits. Consider this however: we now have a working e-book reader (even though it's currently focused on religious texts) - so what to name it?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sushi View Post
    Strong work all! It's really starting to come together. Now we just need to come up with a name that fits. Consider this however: we now have a working e-book reader (even though it's currently focused on religious texts) - so what to name it?
    OMG! or Ostensible Multiple Gospels
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  4.    #224  
    LOL Kaerey.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    OMG! or Ostensible Multiple Gospels
    Hahahah
    I'm starting to (trying to) make a bible app based on the iPhone app "Touchbible." I'm planning on calling it "Preble" if the name isn't already taken (message me if it is lol)

I'll post it if and when it ends up working.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrducklumps1 View Post
    I'm starting to (trying to) make a bible app based on the iPhone app "Touchbible." I'm planning on calling it "Preble" if the name isn't already taken (message me if it is lol)

I'll post it if and when it ends up working.
    What happens when Palm releases the Eos?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    What happens when Palm releases the Eos?
    I vote we tell people to suck it up and realize they bought an inferior candy bar and even though it's webOS its like comparing snickers to a chocolate covered nut.

One is yummy and delicious and the other is just a nut covered in chocolate.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    Is there a way to import the MyBible files into a viewer of some sort without having to go through classic...even though I dropped the 30 bucks for it already.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StrobeAlific View Post
    Is there a way to import the MyBible files into a viewer of some sort without having to go through classic...even though I dropped the 30 bucks for it already.
    One would have to know the exact formatting of the files in order to write any kind of program for WebOS that could read them. And even then, something tells me that this platform is not going to be all that easy to write readers for existing content that can just drop in. Well, not anytime soon I imagine.
    I got the Collapsible Divider thing *kind of* working. Tapping the divider now opens and closes the drawer, but the arrow doesn't update.

I inserted the Collapsible Divider table inside of a regular button, removing the button class from the button div. I suspect it's kludgy, but absent a clear example it's what I'm going with for now.

I'll post an updated example this weekend whether I get the arrow to update or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    I vote we tell people to suck it up and realize they bought an inferior candy bar and even though it's webOS its like comparing snickers to a chocolate covered nut.

One is yummy and delicious and the other is just a nut covered in chocolate.
    I can see it now. AT&T gets webOS. A lay customer walks in and buys the Eos. Goes to the app store and sees Preble. They have no idea what to think.
  13.    #233  
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    I got the Collapsible Divider thing *kind of* working. Tapping the divider now opens and closes the drawer, but the arrow doesn't update.

I inserted the Collapsible Divider table inside of a regular button, removing the button class from the button div. I suspect it's kludgy, but absent a clear example it's what I'm going with for now.

I'll post an updated example this weekend whether I get the arrow to update or not.
    Funny I'm having a hard time attaching the slider to the scroller. It seems either no one CAN help or no one WANTS to help. Either way, I can't figure it out (after trying for hours) and so I was thinking about your drawers again. I concluded that using two classes would work just as you have mentioned. One for open, one for close. Is that not how they did it in the 1st place? And I think you would just need to change the buttons class depending on the state of the drawer. Perhaps stickywhipit can make it work when he gets back in town.

Anyway, can't wait to see it. I'm getting really frustraited with the scroller/slider thing. Sad thing is, it would make for a GREAT way to read a book I think.

Oh back to your drawers. I think you should put a button at the end of each drawer to close it. If you were just reading a book inline then you wouldn't want to have to go back up to the top of each chapter to close them. It's a neat idea for opening but without a button at the bottom to close it would be a little Kludgy as you say.

Well, that's it for now. Good luck with your drawers.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I had a reader on the Palm that had an auto scroll feature. As in you could change the speed, but it would just smoothly scroll until you clicked on it. what would be REAL cool would be something similar. It would scroll, with something to adjust the screen. You tap it, and it stops. You just barely manually scroll it again, and it starts scrolling on it's own again.
    I believe this was answered earlier but can PalmOS files be incorporated into this new webOS app?

I bought a Bible program for my Treo and it included a NASB version that I would like to continue using. I was wondering if those database files could be converted. I'm guessing not...

oh, and THANKS to everyone for putting this together! I really need to learn how to program webOS but I have no programming experience outside of some Visual Basic...
    Last edited by semprini; 07/25/2009 at 01:06 PM.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    To all of you working on this project,

Thank you for doing this. I'm looking forward to the native Pre app for Bible. I bought the Classic interface and installed some free versions from Olive Tree, but a native app is really going to be the best. The Classic interface is not the best for a Pre.

jp
    I know I have been pretty quiet for the last week or so, but I have been following things as closely as I could. Work, life and the current economy beckon, so I have had to divert for a time.

I want to tell you all how impressed I am with all you have accomplished! Things have way exceeded my abilities, but that is cool. It looks like the people who know what to do have picked up the ball, and that is as it should be.

I am really looking forward to a release candidate. It is an amazing thing you have done.

THANKS!
    PalmPilot => PalmIII => Palm 300 => Treo 600 => Treo 650 => Treo 700 => Treo 750 => Palm Pre
    This is just amazing.

Can you give us a status report?

Are you now looking at being a reader that could use the content from:
    e-Sword - the Sword of the LORD with an electronic edge

That would be amazing because you would instantly have dozens of Bibles, languages, commentaries, etc. It ends are the copyright issues because you buy the content from e-sword.

- Craig
  19.    #239  
    I'm stuck. My skills prior to the webOS were HTML with some javascript. I've pressed them as far as I can until I read a good book. I'm starting to work my way through the documentation over at Palms webOS developer site. No telling how good it is though as I have noticed many problems with the documentation on their widgets.

I'd love to see someone help get the slider linked to the scroller widget. I'm pretty sure I could do it if I just knew two things.

1. The exact command to get the scrollers position in x,y
    2. How to issue a command to move the scroller (I thought this would be easy but since I couldn't do 1 I started working on 2 and I can't seem to figure it out either ??) This is my goal for a simple KJV bible.

There is also colonel kernel who had the idea of putting each chapter in a drawer. This too could work for a simple bible and IMO would be easier to do but I'm not going there since he already has it almost done.

And thirdly, I haven't heard from Stickywhipit yet. He was out on a trip. He seems to have better skills than I. Hopefully he could get the slider/scroller thing working but more importantlly, he was working on what I would consider the next version of a bible reader. His version is fully dynamic in that once it is done, it will be albe to read multiple translations so long as they are all formatted the same. I can't wait to get him back in the fold.

Anyway, I've posted questions here and over on the developers forum at the webOS dev site. If anyone with the knowhow ever answers them I should be able to take the next step. Wonko, thanks again for getting us all going. Hopefully we will have a bible avliable for you soon.

Milo, as for the e_sword thing. I think this would be a great place for us to join up with. When stickywhipit gets back going again, I think we could be close to time to contact them. I do think that reading their DB files would be great. It would allow us to distribute a free version that had a few different royality free bibles in it and then people could go there to purchase add on DBs of the more popular translations as they wanted.
    Hi guys just checking to see what's going on. I too had problems with the code on the site. it looks on purpose, seems they really want us to buy the book.