Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    I've fixed the strong drop shadow problem.

Can you get it again.
    glifechurch.com/icon.png
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    LOL I don't know why but reading "Prebible" just seemed really funny right now. What would be in a "Pre-Bible"

"On the day before the first day, God created Jearth. God spent all day tinkering with the layout and design but by the end of the day, he thought, "Wow, "Jearth" that's a dumb name. Maybe I'll just start over tomorrow."
    You made me laugh out loud!

- Craig
    I've also created a second version. This is also a download from microsoft.com/office clipart website. I modified it as well.
    glifechurch.com/icon2.png

I'm should be able to attach once I get to 10 posts. Thanks
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billaking View Post
    I've also created a second version. This is also a download from microsoft.com/office clipart website. I modified it as well.
    glifechurch.com/icon2.png

I'm should be able to attach once I get to 10 posts. Thanks
    I do greatly appreciate the effort you are putting towards this, but I would also avoid clipart. Not for legal reasons though.
    You guys are doing a good job, I've not got a Pre but hope to and will definately have a bash with this!,

It'd be cool with alternate translations because i'm afraid i don't use the KJV! I'm not suprised the owners of the NIV (IBS-STL) were a bit unhelpful with E sword... but thats IBS for you!!. the NET or ESV would be a gem though.

Keep up the good work.
  6.    #206  
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    I added my 1st Corinthians example to the NT section and I very much like how it looks.
    Sorry I had said I would do this for you and I never did. Looking at what you've put in the BADDBible, I must say this has some additional formatting beyond what you originally had in there. It looks good. I really like the way the Verse #'s stand out well. I think this is the way to go if we choose to use a paragraph format instead of the verse by verse format.

I also added a dummy 2nd Corinthians page to show how navigating a book would look, BUT it obviously doesn't work yet. I'm still trying to figure out the Drawer widget. I think it has the zen of webOS in its sights.
    I'm not so sure I like the colapsable chapters like that. However we might should all see it to decide on that for sure.

In the meantime this noob got the drawer widget working once before. It's no longer in my source code though I did find an .ipk with a working drawer that I did last week. If you have root access to your pre, you can install it, copy it out of the /var/usr/palm/applications folder to /media/internal and then you'll have the source code. If you can't do this let me know and I'll do it later. I don't have root setup here at work. The .ipk is this one: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1754825

Good luck!

*** EDIT ***
    Here is the source:
    OLD bible app with drawer for Colonel Kernel.zip
    Last edited by frankos72; 07/22/2009 at 03:13 PM.
    The collapsable chapters make it possible to scroll to the end any book with a single flick ... okay, maybe not Psalms. I'll ask you to reserve judgement until I get a working version up.

Thanks for the code, I'm looking at it now. The drawer I have. Getting it to open and close is my problem. The collapsible divider is the most unobtrusive option and I think is the best for this format.

I can find no documentation about how to setup, listen for, and use the collapsible divider. The Style Matters app uses it all over the place, but Palm obfuscated the code so thoroughly that I have no idea what's what. Drawers seemed to be as complicated at first, until I found the one page that spoon fed me the grade-school version.

I think I'm gonna go ahead with BADD Bible in tandem, as a sub-project of this, if you'll allow it, producing at the very most Gospels and Acts. By that time I will be too tired from hand coding (yes, I'll concede, I wish I knew something about scripting) and won't want to do anymore without pulling the books, chapters and verses entirely from a database.

I will be exploring navigation methods outside of traditional list choices and such, which if they work as I'm envisioning will be as cool as they are functional.
  8.    #208  
    I'll ask you to reserve judgement until I get a working version up.
    Definatelly. Like I said, perhaps it's best we see it 1st.

Thanks for the code, I'm looking at it now. The drawer I have. Getting it to open and close is my problem. The collapsible divider is the most unobtrusive option and I think is the best for this format.
    Your welcome and I agree.

I can find no documentation about how to setup, listen for, and use the collapsible divider. The Style Matters app uses it all over the place, but Palm obfuscated the code so thoroughly that I have no idea what's what.
    +1 Man forget it if you want to look up the css stuff for style matters. The REALLY need to put the .JSJSJS $in$ $the$ $actual$ $program$ $AND$ $make$ $the$ .$JS$ $and$ $html$ $selectable$. $Then$ $you$ $would$ $have$ $a$ $great$ $little$ $app$. $As$ $it$ $is$ $now$, $there$ $are$ $often$ $mistakes$ $in$ $the$ $HTML$ $part$ $and$ $as$ $you$ $have$ $figured$ $out$, $the$ .$JS$ $is$ $impossible$ $to$ $understand$ $cause$ $all$ $the$ $extra$ $stuff$ $in$ $there$ $and$ $the$ $other$ $parts$ $that$ $are$ $missing$. $Maybe$ $someone$ $else$ $could$ $explain$ $where$ $this$ .$JS$ $code$ $really$ $is$.

I think I'm gonna go ahead with BADD Bible in tandem, as a sub-project of this, if you'll allow it, producing at the very most Gospels and Acts. By that time I will be too tired from hand coding (yes, I'll concede, I wish I knew something about scripting) and won't want to do anymore without pulling the books, chapters and verses entirely from a database.

I will be exploring navigation methods outside of traditional list choices and such, which if they work as I'm envisioning will be as cool as they are functional.
    This is awesome. In fact, I think your headed down the road that was originally invisioned by Wonko when he started this whole thing. I can do the basic hard coding of stuff like you but as soon as things start to get dynamic (IE using variable to make things dynamic for easier use in future projects) it got way over my head.

Anyway, I'm excited to see the path your taking. I won't be supprised if you have that done sooner rather than later. Also, once your ready to get the bible text into the chapters I bet you can find a person or two here who will be happy to help you import/convert them using a script rather than by hand.

Happy Coding!
    Listen, I downloaded and ran the BaddBible and noticed some errors in the html code that messed up the formatting of the scriptures:

div class="chapter palm-body-text" id="1CORc12">
    <div class="traditionalGrouping">
    <div id="1CORc12v1" class="verse"><div class="verseNumber singleNumber">1</div>Now concerning spiritual <div class="emphasis">gifts,</div> brethren, I would not have you ignorant.<br /></div>
    <div id="1CORc12v2" class="verse"><div class="verseNumber singleNumber">2</div>Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.<br /></div>
    <div id="1CORc12v3" class="verse"><div class="verseNumber singleNumber">3</div>Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and <div class="emphasis">that</div> no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.<br /></div>
    </div>

If you add a <br /> before the close div it will format the verses on their own lines.
    BADD Bible will use the Traditional Groupings format to start because that's my preference and the default format used with Olive Tree's Bible Reader.

When I figure out how to, I will offer the option of viewing it verse by verse via a Preferences page, but when I do I won't use any yucky <br /> tags. It'll all be done with CSS, changing five or six lines of code at the most. Olive Tree's Bible Reader has the same function.
    I have an mssql kjv and microsoft access version. Can't remember the website I got the access file from. Let me look for it, otherwise I have the sql version in my database on my server. Not using it right now.
    I have an mssql kjv and microsoft access version. Can't remember the website I got the access file from. Let me look for it, otherwise I have the sql version in my database on my server. Not using it right now.
    Could you send those to me? PM me and I'll give you an email address to send it to.
  12.    #212  
    Or perhaps you could just post them here?
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    I'm guessing that the .bbl files avail from e-sword are sql based as well (as the app requires sql to run). Anyone take a look at them?
  14.    #214  
    Okay so I finally looked over there and I'm quite pleased with what I see. Unlike the sword project, e-sword has all the popular translations avliable. You have to purchase the DB file but at least they are there. I hadn't looked cause some said they were not legit, but they definitely appear legit. Anyway, just after a quick glance it says their db files are all new on version 9 so I'll need to find out what that file type is. Then I'll contact them and ask if we can join with them to develop a reader for their files on the Pre. Thanks for the tip!!
  15.    #215  
    Okay this realy is close.

If someone will hook the slider at the bottom the the scroller on the page, it will be time to import the books. Man are we close!

Here are some screenshots to get you excited.

book scene.JPG book scene 2.JPG first scene.JPG first scene 2.JPG

Check http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1760733 for all the downloadable .ipk and source files.

Thanks to all who have helped in idea and coding. Without you this would still be stuck in the ground.

BTW, if you want to work on hooking the slider to the scroller I have some good ideas how to do it, I just don't know the codes to use in this .jsjsjs $stuff$ $to$ $do$ $it$.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frankos72 View Post

Check http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1760733 for all the downloadable .ipk and source files.

The source zip appears to be empty? I get a 22 byte zip file with nothing in it.
  17.    #217  
    Hrm I must have forgot to put it in there? I'll post it when I get home.
  18.    #218  
    BTW, how is the drawer/collapsible divider thing going? That's the only other method that I think would be simple to do.
    Last edited by frankos72; 07/23/2009 at 06:18 PM.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    The zip file looks good now.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Ok, I am LDS (Mormon) and have been working since before this project on an LDS Version of the scriptures. FYI, We do use the KJV of the Bible. I have learned a lot from this thread, and would be happy to help with this project as much as I can.

I however am at a roadblock and frustrated. I can get the first scene to load, I have buttons, but the buttons do not launch the next screen. Attached is my source code. I would appreciate it if someone would look at it, and see if you can see what I am doing wrong in the first-assistant.jsjsjs $I$ $have$ $tried$ $soo$ $many$ $different$ $things$, $I$ $just$ $must$ $be$ $doing$ $something$ $wrong$ $and$ $it$ $is$ $probably$ $something$ $simple$.

The code and data structure comes from using the komodo Edit tool with the webos toolbox installed. (Hence the extra bin directory depth)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SirWill; 07/23/2009 at 09:04 PM. Reason: fixed error.
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast