Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Did I mention that books can also be in many differnet languages, including chineese and russian?
    Forgive the paranoia, but am I being ignored ... for making a "chewing" joke?
    Quote Originally Posted by ngc2000 View Post
    Did I mention that books can also be in many differnet languages, including chineese and russian?
    Hey ngc! That looks intense! I haven't really looked too much into it but it seems that would be our ULTIMATE goal I guess. If we REALLY wanted to, we could just expand to a generic e-book reader. I think we REALLY want to at least start with some religious literature (which would most definitely be the most wanted instantly) and people might be a little forgiving if it doesn't include advanced features as well. As we move along, we would love to expand this project to cover the YanCEy reader you've suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    Forgive the paranoia, but am I being ignored ... for making a "chewing" joke?
    hahaha. What chewing joke? I didn't see any... and... you're being ignored? i'm sorry.

Hi CK! *waves at you*

Also,

I've updated the hab-assistant, so the menus are now removable! For your complete fullscreen viewing pleasure:

*note* please ignore the broken submenu with the misaligned int picker... that will be changed... haha
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SirataXero; 07/22/2009 at 11:21 AM.
    I highly suggest checking out the PC version of Yanceyware. Its called Yanceydesktop, and you can download it here. Just be sure to download the bible to try it with.

YanCEyDesktop

Old Testement
    http://www.thecoffeys.net/ebooks/def...ownload&ID=173

New Testament
    http://www.thecoffeys.net/ebooks/def...ownload&ID=168

This will give you a good idea on how it works on Windows Mobile, and might give you some ideas to add to the Prebible
    Just wanted to say I'm super excited you guys are working on this! I've been waiting for a Bible to show up for the Pre. It looks like so far you only have 2 books from OT and 2 from NT in your early .ipk ? Keep up the good work!
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ngc2000 View Post
    This will give you a good idea on how it works on Windows Mobile, and might give you some ideas to add to the Prebible
    LOL I don't know why but reading "Prebible" just seemed really funny right now. What would be in a "Pre-Bible"

"On the day before the first day, God created Jearth. God spent all day tinkering with the layout and design but by the end of the day, he thought, "Wow, "Jearth" that's a dumb name. Maybe I'll just start over tomorrow."
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    Just getting started with WebOS, but I have over 7 years of coding in other languages. I have UI Design skills, graphic artist, I code in C#, C++, JAVA, and more. I write web and desktop apps. I have tons of bible stuff.
    I can't seem to post images and stuff, but I've created a pre type image for the bible program, if that's okay with you.

I posted on my website since they won't let me attach anything yet.
    glifechurch.com/icon.png
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billaking View Post
    I can't seem to post images and stuff, but I've created a pre type image for the bible program, if that's okay with you.

glifechurch.com/icon.png
    Here ya go:

glifechurch.com/icon.png
    For those who don't want to go to a different website to see it:

Wow, billaking! I LOVE it!

I definitely think this should be the icon for the bible app.

Also, Let's please not call it Pre-bible... : /.

We really have to move forward as a community to not have 500000 Apps called Pre-nameofapp. Come on, what are we? iConformists?

*edit*

LOL Kaerey! beat me to it! >.<
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    LOL Kaerey! beat me to it! >.<
    That's because I'm bored as Heck at work today!!!

Best Possible Name Idea ever created on a Wednesday by someone who goes by the name Kaerey: "Thumb Bible"
  12.    #192  
    yeah, thanks for the icon work. I can't wait to see it on my phone. I must ask though, can you zoom in a bit on the actual image so we don't have to have that colored border?

This is much better than the cross Icon I slapped together.
    Guys, I realize I'm way late to this game, just came across this thread. I work for a major Christian publisher and wanted to mention a group called OSIS (can't post links yet, but try www.bibletechnologies.net)that is working on a standardized XML schema for Bible text and related materials. Even if too late to implement, it may jump start some ideas. There's also quite a bit of available content already existing in this format. Happy to provide more info if it would be helpful.
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 07/22/2009 at 01:35 PM. Reason: added link
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post

Wow, billaking! I LOVE it!

I definitely think this should be the icon for the bible app.
    The Bible image looks a lot like a stock photo - was it purchased to use for this purpose? If not, we could run into troubles later. If it has been (and has a license for distribution) then fantastic - if you blend the edges from brown to the photo, it will improve the look.

The drop shadow is also a little strong when compared to the built-in apps.
  15.    #195  
    Here is some more info from the FAQ at the sword. It kinda looks like they are in a similar situation as us. They may have the NASB soon though.

Questions about text modules
    Do you or will you have NIV/NASB/NLT/Message/NKJV/other translation?
    NASB is under work and will be sold commercially by the Lockman publishing company. Most other copyright holders, including the publisher of the NIV, have not been interested in publishing their material in our format even when they could get money out of it. Strange world, isn't it?

Some people recommend using a couple of good modern freely available translations instead. The ESV and NET are both high quality translations.

The ESV is a word-for-word "essentially literal" translation which continues the KJV legacy but is based on modern textual criticism. It is freely downloadable from our repositories.
  16.    #196  
    Quote Originally Posted by sushi View Post
    The Bible image looks a lot like a stock photo - was it purchased to use for this purpose? If not, we could run into troubles later. If it has been (and has a license for distribution) then fantastic - if you blend the edges from brown to the photo, it will improve the look.

The drop shadow is also a little strong when compared to the built-in apps.
    Very good points. So, would it be violating anylaws for me to take a picture of the binder of an old Bible I have laying aruond?
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frankos72 View Post
    Very good points. So, would it be violating anylaws for me to take a picture of the binder of an old Bible I have laying aruond?
    That shouldn't be any trouble at all. I also have a friend who is a well known illustrator that might be willing to work up a logo for us to use as well.
    Sorry, went for a long walk.

I downloaded it from microsoft.com/office downloads and modified it.
    Listen, I downloaded and ran the BaddBible and noticed some errors in the html code that messed up the formatting of the scriptures:

div class="chapter palm-body-text" id="1CORc12">
    <div class="traditionalGrouping">
    <div id="1CORc12v1" class="verse"><div class="verseNumber singleNumber">1</div>Now concerning spiritual <div class="emphasis">gifts,</div> brethren, I would not have you ignorant.<br /></div>
    <div id="1CORc12v2" class="verse"><div class="verseNumber singleNumber">2</div>Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.<br /></div>
    <div id="1CORc12v3" class="verse"><div class="verseNumber singleNumber">3</div>Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and <div class="emphasis">that</div> no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.<br /></div>
    </div>

If you add a <br /> before the close div it will format the verses on their own lines.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Sorry, went for a long walk.

I downloaded it from microsoft.com/office downloads and modified it.
    aka free use
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast