1.    #1  
    I love geocaching (geocaching.com) its mainly a worlwide treasure hunt useing grid coordinates. Iphone has an app but want one for the Pre. Needs to have an arrow with directions and distance to imputed coordinates. would be nice to have coordinates pulled directly from the website so you dont have to imput manually.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I am working on that. I'm not a super coder, so we'll see how I do.
  3.    #3  
    sweet thanks
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    if ya need a tester, let me know!

Would love to see this.
    I am all up for testing.. I used Geoniche on my Centro previously. I would love to help out in anyway I can.
    I wrote the devs of the iphone geochaing ap a while back and the said they would be making one for the pre. This was back in early june.
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    I know that the phone ask's if you want to tag you photos with a location already.... a locator app would be cool.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    i could do a compass app, but I would need someone to provide the formulas. I am already doing PREtracker and this would be a cool feature to add.
    2+ weeks in dev for personal use. I want to share!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by markpowers; 07/25/2009 at 02:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by markpowers View Post
    2+ weeks in dev for personal use. I want to share!
    There is a newer, better build in the Web Os Development thread called 'Go To Tool.'
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmax12 View Post
    i could do a compass app, but I would need someone to provide the formulas. I am already doing PREtracker and this would be a cool feature to add.
    How would you do a compass when it doesn't have a compass? Movement?
  12.    #12  
    yes its based of off GPS cordinates. It calculates your direction you traveled from 1 point to the next
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    How would you do a compass when it doesn't have a compass? Movement?
    When the Mojo services give a GPS fix there is a heading value provided. If you go too slow it gets confused but is good at a moderate walking pace (or higher).