Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    i'm trying to do the boot logo tweak and i can't seem to find how to replace the old images with the new. i have mounted the pre to my vista machine as a usb device the just did a drag and drop to copy them over to the pre. at this point i need to get them active. i've tried to search around the pre via PuTTY but i can't seem to find them....

any help will be worshiped

thanks

david
    I have not used putty in a long time. Does it do drag and drop scp transfers? What I do is copy them to my usb drive via sftp or mounting the drive the normal way. Then ssh into the pre and cp the files from /media/internal to the destination.
    Putty cannot transfer files you need a program called WinSCP to transfer files.

I think you also have to set up your pre to do the file transfer. Instructions can be found here.
    Guys, he's GOT THEM ON THE PRE. He drug them there using the usb device mode.

What he needs to do is copy them into the right place.

dsuycott, you need to copy the files from /media/internal to wherever the instructions for changing your boot image say to put them.

cp /media/internal/filename /somewhere/somedirectory/
    Quote Originally Posted by rboatright View Post
    Guys, he's GOT THEM ON THE PRE. He drug them there using the usb device mode.

What he needs to do is copy them into the right place.

dsuycott, you need to copy the files from /media/internal to wherever the instructions for changing your boot image say to put them.

cp /media/internal/filename /somewhere/somedirectory/
    O' oops... Ya I misread that part.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    thanks...this feedback has put me a lot closer. i'm to run boot themes steps 1-5 on the pdw pages and have some 'action' but no results...crap!

here is what i am doing...

i have my png files at the root level of my pre mounted as usb drive inside a folder called bootlogo. below is the code to and fro...i can't get the logo's to change...they're the same ole logos i used to have....

thanks

d

ps. if i'm asked a question on the command line is y=yes and n=no?

root@castle:/# mount -o remount,rw /
    cp -ip /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo.png.orig
    cp -ip /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo-bright.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo-bright.png.orig
    cp /media/internal/bootlogo/palm-logo.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo.png
    cp /media/internal/bootlogo/palm-logo-bright.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo-bright.png
    mount -o remount,ro /root@castle:/# cp -ip /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/ima
    ges/palm-logo.png.orig
    cp: overwrite '/usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo.png.orig'? y
    root@castle:/#
    Quote Originally Posted by dsuycott View Post
    thanks...this feedback has put me a lot closer. i'm to run boot themes steps 1-5 on the pdw pages and have some 'action' but no results...crap!

here is what i am doing...

i have my png files at the root level of my pre mounted as usb drive inside a folder called bootlogo. below is the code to and fro...i can't get the logo's to change...they're the same ole logos i used to have....

thanks

d

ps. if i'm asked a question on the command line is y=yes and n=no?

root@castle:/# mount -o remount,rw /
    cp -ip /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo.png.orig
    cp -ip /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo-bright.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo-bright.png.orig
    cp /media/internal/bootlogo/palm-logo.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo.png
    cp /media/internal/bootlogo/palm-logo-bright.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo-bright.png
    mount -o remount,ro /root@castle:/# cp -ip /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/ima
    ges/palm-logo.png.orig
    cp: overwrite '/usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo.png.orig'? y
    root@castle:/#
    I'm having this same problem right now, how do i overwrite the last image with my new one? i type y for yes and it doesn't do anything.
    what do i tell it after it displays this:
    cp: overwrite '/usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo.png.orig'?

thanks
    I had that happen to me too, I was able to do it using this post:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...or-boot-6.html

POST #114

At least that helped me, even though is basically the same as what you are doing but for some reason it didn't work for us.

Oh yeah, forgot to tell you to start from scratch. Just begin the process again from where you have already copied the png files to the "bootlogo" folder. Ando follow those steps, do them one by one.

Hope it helps!
    Last edited by Niris777; 08/09/2009 at 02:01 AM. Reason: Forgot info