Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Most Def, would really want this one... PS3 Rules!
    yeah, I've heard about this for a while now and it never really went anywhere. Here's hoping some renewed interest will get this off the ground.
    Yeah, this is one of those things that can be done, but nobody has the time to do it. However, I do see some devs asking for app ideas and here is one. Come on WebOS devs, show us some love!
    yea, I had put some commitment towards a webos app (there's another thread with more details) however as it stands, it'll difficult, if not extremely difficult to get such an app working in webos in a practical manner.

That said, I may be able to help PS3 users in a different way. I'm looking into making a java service that could possibly let the pre/pixi connect to a ps3 via wifi to share/view files.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    my buddy has an xbox and a feature phone. He really like the stuff I can do with my pre but he dead set on hating the ps3.
    Jason, we need you to build an app that can detect nearby xbox's and let us control a predator missile from mw2. Pretty sure you can find the code for that with a little looking.
    love your work and keep em coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    yea, I had put some commitment towards a webos app (there's another thread with more details) however as it stands, it'll difficult, if not extremely difficult to get such an app working in webos in a practical manner.

That said, I may be able to help PS3 users in a different way. I'm looking into making a java service that could possibly let the pre/pixi connect to a ps3 via wifi to share/view files.
    There is an XBOX Live app for the Pre that seems to be working fine. Why would a PSN app not work on the Pre? Also, there were other hacks requests for the PS3. Such as making the Pre keyboard work as a PS3 keypad. That would be really cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    There is an XBOX Live app for the Pre that seems to be working fine. Why would a PSN app not work on the Pre? Also, there were other hacks requests for the PS3. Such as making the Pre keyboard work as a PS3 keypad. That would be really cool.
    xbox live app uses a third party server to parse and relay data. I do not. Nor is there a reliable feasible Playstation Network api. Also, I believe the Sony forums have a no-scraper policy that would get me into trouble if I tried to make my own (which by itself would be difficult).

In regards to other requests like bluetooth keypad and bluetooth remote, also a nope. Not only does Sony require licensing feeds in the thousand $ range, but the Pre's bluetooth is incredibly limited and there's no developer API available.

If I could add HID bluetooth support to the Pre, I would have done it by now, heh.

But, hey, at least turning the Pre into a media server for the PS3 might be workable.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Damn all my hopes and dreams have been crushed by reading this thread. I wanted an app that would just tell me what friends were online, what game they were playing (sort of like the friends section on the XMB) and then if able to it would have been great to be able to program a remote into the same app but apparently neither of these things are possible. dammit.
    How did MyPSN app do it?

All I know is, I had to sign in with my account once at uk.playstation.com (the UK website you can see your friends list...no US love )
    Quote Originally Posted by MOE-GUNZ View Post
    How did MyPSN app do it?

All I know is, I had to sign in with my account once at uk.playstation.com (the UK website you can see your friends list...no US love )
    hmm, interesting, I'll try giving the dev of that an email to see if I can get more info

Quote Originally Posted by MOE-GUNZ View Post
    How did MyPSN app do it?

I just signed up... It looks really awesome!
    It's true that the UK PSN site allows that which is how many apps do it (there's an app for android as well), however this is "hacky" at best. Without an official API you're just asking for headaches.
    PreThemer - Palm Pre Themes, Wallpapers & Bootlogos - packaged for easy installation. Themers! Post your themes!
    ***UNINSTALL THEMES BEFORE INSTALLING NEW ONES!***

My Themes | Follow @PreThemer on Twitter!
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I just signed up... It looks really awesome!
    If you have a U.S account you can sign in the UK website with that. I just wish the US website allowed you to see your friends list.

The site looks so much better also lol
    I've done some research on the APIs and I wanted to know if any one of the AWESOME Precentral developers would like to spend a bit of time in making at least a very basic app for the PS3. Here is what I found on my research:
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...rvice-api.html
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12