Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    OK so i read that its possible to tweak the camera but since i'm a new comer i need a little help i have done most modifying with help of fellow pre brothers i was able to change my dialer .... change the palm color of the boot up theme ... i got the real flashlight app which required rooting which was actually the first one i got done... but now im trying to modify the camera by followng the pre dev wiki but when i try to access this :
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.camera/camera-prefs-defaults.json

i get this :/bin/sh: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.camera/camera-prefs-defaults.json: Permission denied

what am i doing wrong folks ...... thanks
    When ever you try to modify a file you have to run 'mount -o remount,rw /' which will enable you to edit most files. Allot of the tutorials don't ask you to do this because they assume that you automatically do it.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    i tried using that 'mount -o remount,rw /' and i also tried to use this also /usr/sbin/rootfs_open but none of them work for me ... do i maybe have some kind of setting wrong on putty or something in that sort ??
    I wouldn't recommend you trying this until you are more experienced. I did it only to break the camera app so that it doesn't load anynore.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    did u ever get the camera fixed sracercelica ?? where u succesful in finally tweakin it or did u just leave it as it came ..... i would imagine u probably had to hard reset the phone to fix that
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    I suggest you always back up your files before making any mods
    Sorry to thread-jack but what are these tweaks?
    I just checked the wiki and didn't see anything for the camera.
    idk if the mods about adding the shutter sound button to silence it work, i got the take picture with volume keys mod to work, only the camera mod to do with adding the silence button hasnt worked for me no matter what i've done
    Quote Originally Posted by illfill View Post
    did u ever get the camera fixed sracercelica ?? where u succesful in finally tweakin it or did u just leave it as it came ..... i would imagine u probably had to hard reset the phone to fix that
    Nope, haven't gotten it to work. I am just going to use the webos doctor to restore the phone. But first I'm going to continue experimenting, the way I see it if I mess something else up I wont matter.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    WebOS Dr would fix any issues woudnlt it? Restore it brand new?
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    are you just typing that in on the command line? That's a text file.... you need to supply it as an argument to an editor. if you simply type
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.camera/camera-prefs-defaults.json
    on the command line, then nothing will happen. That's not a command, it's a file.
    You want to type "vi" then that file path and name. Or nano. Or anything else you'd like. If that doesn't make sense, though, I'd recommend you wait until somebody makes a script for you or at least explicit commands to copy/paste.