1.    #1  
    Now that I have a bunch of homebrew apps on my Pre, I was wondering if anyone has or has thought of making a repository to be able to auto update and install apps. ipkg would be awesome.
    I believe that would be against Palm's TOS. If anyone is on the official developer's list for WebOS, they aren't allowed to distribute their app outside the app store. Just hope all your programs' developers are nice and signed on and will submit (and have their apps accepted) to the App Catalog.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    dhMassacre has been working with greg_roll creating a consumer friendly app installer. With this I think dhMassacre is currently working on a repo for homebrew apps. Check for the thread labeled windows .ipk installer to follow along on progress.
  4.    #4  
    I would think a lot of the homebrew apps will not make it to the app store since they integrate into the OS and the Pre is required to be rooted to install them.

I'll certainly keep tabs on the windows .ipk installer thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrickerZ View Post
    I would think a lot of the homebrew apps will not make it to the app store since they integrate into the OS and the Pre is required to be rooted to install them.

I'll certainly keep tabs on the windows .ipk installer thread.
    95% of homebrew apps (maybe higher) do not require rooting of any kind. Read the stickies in the homebrew forum.