1.    #1  
    How do I use it? I followed the instructions on Palm's site, but when I click the debug button, it doesn't seem to do anything other than launch the app on the emulator. What am I missing?
    Quote Originally Posted by backlund View Post
    How do I use it? I followed the instructions on Palm's site, but when I click the debug button, it doesn't seem to do anything other than launch the app on the emulator. What am I missing?
    I have the same problem. Perhaps, somebody knows to help.
    no idea either.
    I'd like to know how to do this also - the developer documentation is very unclear
    Ditto
    Unfortunately, the Eclipse debugger isn't really incorporated into the SDK in the way you might think. You can set debugging preferences in Eclipse, but to actually do the debugging, you need to SSH into the emulator (or the device) and type "debug" at the command line. Then set your breakpoints, run the program from eclipse, and step through it GDB-style. However, I do know there is GUI debugger in the works from webos-internals. I helped organize preDevCamp KC and a webos internals guy was there talking about it. It should have been available a few days ago. I'll check on it and post back.
    Sweet. Thats certainly good news. That is my biggest drawback with WebOS development. The log option is OK to a point but we really need true debugging with break points, variable inspection, etc.
    All of those features you mentioned are available, but they are just not that easy to use. You might give it an honest try and see if you like it. I do agree, however, that Palm's documentation on debugging is almost nonexistent.
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstStryke08 View Post
    All of those features you mentioned are available, but they are just not that easy to use. You might give it an honest try and see if you like it. I do agree, however, that Palm's documentation on debugging is almost nonexistent.
    Yeah, I've tried.

For hours.

I guess I'm just spoiled to a compiler based IDE.