Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    So I finally rooted my Pre to install aonic's wonderful My Tether app. I have one problem, when installing the USBnet driver on my XP machine, I get "This device cannot start. (Code 10)." This seems to be a common problem if you are on XP SP2. Installing SP3 fixes this but I am all ready on SP3. I have rebooted my machine, the Pre, and uninstalled the driver several times. I am running novacom and I have even disabled that when installing the USBnet driver and still no luck.

I am wondering is USBnet comes installed on the Pre or does MyTether install it or does the webshell install it. If so my next step would be to remove My Tether or webshell and re-install them but I would like to hear what you guys think.

I am hoping I am not the only one with this problem.
    This was true of my installation efforts yesterday, too. I don't have a solution...I just kinda left things there for now.

I hope an answer comes along, tho. I'll watch this thread for that...

Good luck to us both.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    I have the same issue. I am not even sure what to do. I already uninstalled/reinstalled the driver, restarted the Palm Pre, et cetera. Same thing - failed to start. Usually a code 10 error means it has something to do with the IRQs. There could be conflict or just may be running out of IRQ addresses. What I will try to do is reverse my rooting attempts and uninstall VirtualBox and such then try again.
    Not sure if this would help, but did you install USBnet via root? Or did you stop after the first page of rooting instructions on the predevwiki?
    My Tether enables usbnet on the Pre, but the usb drivers need to be installed on your computer manually. Instructions for the drivers are on the wiki. I personally prefer the wifi tethering as it eliminates the need for drivers on the computer
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Not sure if this would help, but did you install USBnet via root? Or did you stop after the first page of rooting instructions on the predevwiki?
    How would you install usbnet via root? USBNet drivers are installed via Windows only.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    My Tether enables usbnet on the Pre, but the usb drivers need to be installed on your computer manually. Instructions for the drivers are on the wiki. I personally prefer the wifi tethering as it eliminates the need for drivers on the computer
    Yes, we have followed the wiki instructions yet the driver is not working on some XP SP3 machines like mine. If I can get this working, I'll be donating.
    I don't know what the problem might be then, I do recommend asking these questions in http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-required.html as others might know more
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!