1.    #1  
    Since the public SDK is not installing on some Windows versions can
    we assume that the public SDK is a brand new version?

If it's not why did the early access program not find this? And if
    it is a new version what is different about it?

And if your listening palm... open up the developer forums to everyone,
    brand new forums without any posts are worthless.

I don't intent to be so critical of Palm... I really want to develop for this
    platform because I see what it can be, but it's been one mis-step after
    another.
    The Early Access forums are not being opened to the public, because members posted with their real names. The whole EAP forum will be shut down in a few weeks.

The SDK being released is a newer version than the latest one released to EAP a few weeks ago. From what I've seen, only Windows 7 users are having a lot of problems. The SDK is still a BETA, so problems are bound to happen, especially with an unreleased OS like Windows 7.

If someone is not willing to deal with the problems and inconveniences associated with a beta, then they simply shouldn't participate. The point of a beta is to identify problems and fix them before a final release, not for people to whine about the problems inherent in a beta.
    The new version works perfectly with Vista 64-bit. That makes me happy
    I was hoping for stuff like a TextMate bundle (which is mentioned in the Safari Rough Cuts book) but unfortunately it seems to be the same thing except for a higher version on the Emulator...
    Quote Originally Posted by pre_addict View Post
    Since the public SDK is not installing on some Windows versions can we assume that the public SDK is a brand new version?

If it's not why did the early access program not find this? And if
    it is a new version what is different about it?
    Check out this thread, and read this post and the post on the top of the 2nd page. Looks like the new installer is overwriting some Windows DLL's.

Forums webOS • View topic - Palm's lost a developer and future customer thanks to the SD
  6.    #6  
    If someone is not willing to deal with the problems and inconveniences associated with a beta, then they simply shouldn't participate. The point of a beta is to identify problems and fix them before a final release, not for people to whine about the problems inherent in a beta.
    I'm sorry you seem to have forgotten the facts. Palm is the one that said the
    early access program was to solve problems like this so when they released
    the SDK to the public we would not have these problems.

And the problems are not confined to Windows 7, XP is also not working. And
    from what I've read it's trashing system DLL's and they will not even boot
    after the install. Sorry, I don't call that an inconvenience, not having
    complete docs is an inconvenience, having an API not quite work
    right is an inconvenience.

Clearly the early access program was/is a bust and poorly thought out
    from the beginning and they have been back pedaling since. But I'd seriously
    bet the only goal internally was to give certain developers and companies
    a head start since the goal of releasing a clean SDK seems to have
    failed.