Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    silentShab beat me to the fix. I was going to say to change the substr from 2 to a 3 if using a three digit prefix. Thanks silentShab for an alternate fix.

- Garrett
    FYI, if you want a longer delay before the entering of the pin, add an additional 't' to the code.

Code:
    gvprefix = 'DESIRED_PREFIX';
    if(number.match('^'+gvprefix)) {
    	gvnum=GOOGLE_VOICE_NUMBER;
    	gvpin=PIN_NUMBER;
    	number=gvnum+'t'+'t'+gvpin+'t'+'2'+number.substr(gvprefix.length)+'#';
    }
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garrettwp View Post
    FYI, if you want a longer delay before the entering of the pin, add an additional 't' to the code.

Code:
    gvprefix = 'DESIRED_PREFIX';
    if(number.match('^'+gvprefix)) {
    	gvpin=PIN_NUMBER;
    	number=gvnum+'t'+'t'+gvpin+'t'+'2'+number.substr(gvprefix.length)+'#';
    }
    I just tried this and it worked perfectly.

It solves one the biggest problems with transitioning to a gv number.
    It completely automates dialing out from your gv number.

I have also confirmed that you can save a contact in your phone with the prefix.

So once a contact is saved all you have to do is type their name and hit send when their contact info pops up.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    That fixed it - thanks.
    I wanted all my calls to go through GoogleVoice without having to manually enter a prefix, so I made a slight alteration to this code and it seem to work good with my PalmPre v1.0.4.

// call using GoogleVoice for all calls except executing special commands
    // or calling my own GV number.
    // GV hack -- Arul 7/19/2009
    gvnum='5555551212';
    if ( !number.match('^#') && !number.match('^'+gvnum) ) {
    number=gvnum+'t'+'2'+number+'#';
    }
    Replace 5555551212 with your own gv number of course. NOTE: I don't use GV Pin since my phone is setup in GV as "pin not required" (see Settings/Phones/Advanced). I also have no problem with just one pause.

This workaround is still not good enough for my use since calls dialed directly from the contact book somehow by passes this code. Does anyone know details on which code initiates dialing when using contacts book?.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I just tried duplicating the phone app and made the same mods as above. Some quirks/things to address i noticed were:

1. Needed to click xPhone App twice to open.
    2. Once opened I could search by name and it would call using GV # but would open main Phone App with entire number string calling correctly. Now xPhone and Phone open.
    3. calling from call log didnt format GV number. Assuming same for contacts as stated above.
    4. call log shows GV number not contacts number

I think I found where selecting from call log mods need to be done. Did not look at contacts app.

There has to be someone more familiar with the knowledge to do this.

Anyone?
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    If you want to change how the the contact list calls people look in
    com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/detail-assistant.jsjsjs
    and search for //Phone Number
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Thanks atlanta.

It looks like there is a spot in app-assistant.jsjsjs $that$ $needs$ $the$ $gv$ $formatting$ $as$ $well$. $Located$ $under$ $AppAssistant$.$prototype$.$launchDial$. $Will$ $verify$ $and$ $post$ $results$ $this$ $evening$.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Just got my invite, but don't really wanna bother using it till an app comes out for it.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I'm thinking that instead of modifying every app, it would be easier to edit the phone app only. From what it looks like, on

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs

If you look for
    Code:
    } else if (args.number) { // dial number
    and look down at the end of that else if statement, you'll see
    Code:
    this.launchDial(args.number, null, contact)
    I think that if that is modified, it will work whenever the phone app is launched from another app. I'm trying to test it right now.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I've figured out how to make it so that all calls made not originating from the phone's dial pad are routed through google voice.

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs

Change
    Code:
    this.launchDial(args.number, null, contact);
    to

Code:
    // google Voice for all calls not made through dialpad
    number = args.number;
    gvnum='YOURGVNUMBER';

if (!number.match('^#') && !number.match('^'+gvnum)) {
    }

this.launchDial(number, null, contact);
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aselvan View Post
    I wanted all my calls to go through GoogleVoice without having to manually enter a prefix, so I made a slight alteration to this code and it seem to work good with my PalmPre v1.0.4.

// call using GoogleVoice for all calls except executing special commands
    // or calling my own GV number.
    // GV hack -- Arul 7/19/2009
    gvnum='5555551212';
    if ( !number.match('^#') && !number.match('^'+gvnum) ) {
    }
    Replace 5555551212 with your own gv number of course. NOTE: I don't use GV Pin since my phone is setup in GV as "pin not required" (see Settings/Phones/Advanced). I also have no problem with just one pause.

This workaround is still not good enough for my use since calls dialed directly from the contact book somehow by passes this code. Does anyone know details on which code initiates dialing when using contacts book?.
    I just tested adding this to app-assistant.jsjsjs $and$ $calling$ $from$ $contacts$ $works$.

-Need to figure out a way to switch the GV dialing on/off easily.
    -Update to show contact number in call log
    Quote Originally Posted by mchlwvr614 View Post
    I just tested adding this to app-assistant.jsjsjs $and$ $calling$ $from$ $contacts$ $works$.

-Need to figure out a way to switch the GV dialing on/off easily.
    -Update to show contact number in call log
    Thanks, I got it working from contact book dialing as well. Yes, it would be nice to see who the phone actually dialed on call log.

If anyone is interested, the location line# of the change I made is below

File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs:$246$
    Loc: right after TelephonyCommands.displayOn()
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    aselvan,

I am going to add an if/else to check for my own number for calling voice mail. It works now just have to hang up on GVs incoming call. Or somehow update the voicemail number to be my GV#. i guess the check would have to be on cell phone # and GV#, if it matches either of those, dial directly.

I havent looked yet but i think you can do some string manipulation in calllist*.jsjsjs $to$ $remove$ $the$ $gv$ $prefix$ $when$ $updating$ $the$ $call$ $log$.

Do not that many pre owners have GV yet. I figured more would be playing around with this.
    Just a caution for anyone who want to do this on the latest WebOS 1.1.0 (just released today i.e. July 23, 2009) or redo this change after updating to 1.1.0 (you have to as the update will replace these files). If you make a mistake, your palmpre will go into an infinite loop restarting itself. I found it the hard way since I made a typo while inserting the code. Luckily, the host was still accessible on the net and I had the wifi enabled and was able to ssh into my palmpre and correct the mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by aselvan View Post
    Thanks, I got it working from contact book dialing as well. Yes, it would be nice to see who the phone actually dialed on call log.

If anyone is interested, the location line# of the change I made is below

File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs:$246$
    Loc: right after TelephonyCommands.displayOn()
    What was the change you made?
    Quote Originally Posted by atlanta View Post
    Hello,

The first thing you would need to do is backup the files by making a copy of the file or the whole folder to /media/internal/.
    linux command:
    Code:
    cp dialpad-assistant.jsjsjs /$media$/$internal$/
    Then you could use vi to edit the dialpad-assistant.jsjsjs
    Code:
    vi /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/dialpad-assistant.jsjsjs
    Search for "dial: function(number){":
    Type / then the string while your in vi then press enter
    Code:
    /dial: function(number){
    About three lines under the above code you will see
    Code:
    if (!number)
    			return;
    Under this you need to add the code the user provided above.
    Put vi into insert mode by pressing the letter i.

and copy and paste the code in under the return;

Code:
    if(number.match('^DESIRED_PREFIX')) {
    		gvpin=PIN_NUMBER;
    		number=gvnum+'t'+gvpin+'t'+'2'+number.substr(2)+'#';
    	}
    change the variables to fit your info
    ex.
    Code:
    if(number.match('^000')) {
    		gvnum="5605555555";
    		gvpin="2255";
    		number=gvnum+'t'+gvpin+'t'+'2'+number.substr(2)+'#';
    	}
    Press ESC button to exit insert mode and type

Code:
    :wq
    to write the changes back to the file and quit out of it.
    After you have done this reset your phone.. open the phone app
    and you should be able to type 000then a phone number you want to call and it will use
    google voice to call the number auto.

P.S. I nor Precentral.net are responsible for anything that happens to your phone while preforming any hacks.

Always make sure to backup and the file can be replaced by doing.

Code:
    cp /media/internal/dailpad-assistant.jsjsjs /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phone$/$app$/$controllers$/
    Thanks for help with clarifying. Do you know if there is a way to edit the voicemail number where it will dial the pin for you automatically. I have that feature on another phone and have been looking for it on my Sprint phones? Thanks
    safest way to apply this hack is to do it through a patch... as we know the patch would have to be different for each person since everyone has a different number/pin... i will look into a little latter when i have some extra time on my hands.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    safest way to apply this hack is to do it through a patch... as we know the patch would have to be different for each person since everyone has a different number/pin... i will look into a little latter when i have some extra time on my hands.
    I think I speak for many, many members here when I say...YES! That would be excellent.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12