1.    #1  
    I'd like you all to be aware of AJAX VNC:

Ajax VNC | Get Ajax VNC at SourceForge.net

It works on the Pre browser, but it's very slow and you can't "click" (I'm not sure if you should be able to).

Perhaps this is a good starting point for a real VNC application.
    Last edited by dangerusty; 07/17/2009 at 08:47 AM.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Only limitation is that you need JAVA on the pre to support the VNC server. I dont believe java is on the PRE Browers. That is all you need for most VNC HTTP:/ access.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bgc42169 View Post
    Only limitation is that you need JAVA on the pre to support the VNC server. I dont believe java is on the PRE Browers. That is all you need for most VNC HTTP:/ access.
    There would be no VNC server on the Pre, this is for controlling a PC from the Pre. There's nothing to install on the Pre. What I posted is just the Pre visiting the web page hosted on the PC you want to control. That just involves Javascript as far as I know. It works, it just lacks speed and features.
    Last edited by dangerusty; 07/17/2009 at 02:44 PM.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    From all the HTTP VNC clients i have worked with ( one i am on right now) JAVA needs to be on the client to work with the servers JAVA calls or a Plugin that has all the .jar you need. that is how Logmein works.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bgc42169 View Post
    From all the HTTP VNC clients i have worked with ( one i am on right now) JAVA needs to be on the client to work with the servers JAVA calls or a Plugin that has all the .jar you need. that is how Logmein works.
    LogMeIn has an HTML mode, as opposed to JAVA or ActiveX.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    But you need to install Logmein API on the client side HTTP for it to work. I use it on three machines and without the API it will not work. Tried it on the pre and will not feed information back.