Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by bioart View Post
    The biggest problem with diet programs is the database. If you use the FDA list, most of the time the user will have to guess actual amounts at restaurants and such. I'd suggest writing something that uses the calorieking.com APIs... not free, but it is the best db around (>50K food items). I use their webapp all the time, but a native app (like palm has) would be great!
    Agreed, a bigger db would be great, I am just having problems with a smaller db, but I will look into it. I know in NYC even if the db does not have the food item in questions because restaurants have to post their nutrition, I can just add the item/meal to my version of the db. That features works well and I plan to have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericnyc646 View Post
    Cool, that's my goal. Maybe I should use you as a beta tester when I figure this out.
    I'm a Dietetic Intern myself and would love to have an app like this. I'll test for you as well.

MapMyFitness.com - Map your Running Routes. Find Runs. Join our Community of Running. Runner Social Network. Calculate Calories, Online Pedometer, Distance, iPhone, and More. Is a great set of tools for creating maps of various routes and their distances. The App store has a lot of cool apps that would be great for nutrition and fitness experts and anyone else to use.

There is an app for the old Palm OS available on the website of the Database. http://www.ars.usda.gov/Services/docs.htm?docid=5720
    Last edited by cajunlibra; 07/17/2009 at 11:31 AM.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Would be happy to beta test it.

When I was using an iPod Touch for some time I used it routinely. Not only did it force me to be more aware of what I was eating and how bag it may be for me, but also gave me a helpful incentive to remain below the goal lines I set for myself with food and to have the amount of exercise or calories burned that I was shooting for.

Its the only program from the Touch that I really truly miss.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Would be happy to beta test it.

When I was using an iPod Touch for some time I used it routinely. Not only did it force me to be more aware of what I was eating and how bag it may be for me, but also gave me a helpful incentive to remain below the goal lines I set for myself with food and to have the amount of exercise or calories burned that I was shooting for.

Its the only program from the Touch that I really truly miss.
    It also teaches who how some not so obviously bad foods are truly just junk. So its kinda like an educational tool.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Any word on how this app had came along?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12