1.    #1  
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by decibel
    All credit goes to d2globalinc for creating the easy-as-pie tweaks!! Without these tweaks, my Pre is kind of.. boring? I have created this even easier way of implementing his tweaks. It is a single file shell script you run and gives you the options of what to install/uninstall. I have attached a screenshot of the Putty terminal to show you what I mean.

How-To use my script:

Step 1: Log into your Pre through Putty as your non-privelaged user.
    Step 2: Enter these commands:

Code:
    sudo su -
    cd ~
    wget http://www.dbtrunk.com/PalmPre/PreTweaks.sh
    chmod 770 PreTweaks.sh
    ./PreTweaks.shStep 3: Enter the number for the tweak you want to install/uninstall. You can do multiple things. Example: Enter 1. Then when you return to main menu, Enter 3. Then back to main menu enter 5. Then back to main menu enter 11. This will cause the Pre to reboot, applying the changes. If you enter option 12, it will simply exit without reboot. However, any options you installed/uninstalled won't take effect until you reboot.

That's it. THREE SIMPLE STEPS! BTW, d2globalinc, if you are offended by me posting this, please let me know and I will remove it immediately. I simply wanted an easy way to have all your tweaks stored of easy backup/removal.

I did everything that was listed and at the end I get:

Broadcast message from root@qemux86
    (/dev/pts/0) at 18:17...

The system is going down for reboot NOW!

I check my phone to see if the changes take effect and nothing worked. What did I do wrong?
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    my pre is stuck in the tweak script even when i restart putty
    how do i exit i type 11 and 12 and it closes but when i pull up putty it is still on the screen. I tried my other pre and it does not get stuck so it is on the phone will i have to use the doctor to restore my phone or is there another way to exit the script?
    Nokia 5100 - At&t - Nokia 6310i - At&t - LG Vx3200 - Verizon - Motorola E815 - Verizon - Motorola Razor - Verizon - iPhone-At&t - Pre - Sprint - HTC Evo - Sprint - Samsung Epic - Sprint - Blackberry Curve - Sprint - Evo3D - Sprint - Touchpad - HP
    How I roll since 1999!
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Nobody?
    Nokia 5100 - At&t - Nokia 6310i - At&t - LG Vx3200 - Verizon - Motorola E815 - Verizon - Motorola Razor - Verizon - iPhone-At&t - Pre - Sprint - HTC Evo - Sprint - Samsung Epic - Sprint - Blackberry Curve - Sprint - Evo3D - Sprint - Touchpad - HP
    How I roll since 1999!
  4.    #4  
    I wish I cud help u man but I'm still learning this joint my self. And I'm tryin to get help wit my question. Anybody??
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    I got it by web os restore
    How I roll since 1999!