Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    The Palm Video Player uses Gstreamer, which I know there is an available xvid plug in for it. I installed a xvid codec that i found that was in IPK form for ARM architecture. I cant even get the player to bring up the AVIs... Only MP4 and 3GP seem to be allowed...

I figure it would be matter of installing the xvid plugin and assocating the avi files with the palm video player.
    Quote Originally Posted by ws6kid View Post
    The Palm Video Player uses Gstreamer, which I know there is an available xvid plug in for it. I installed a xvid codec that i found that was in IPK form for ARM architecture. I cant even get the player to bring up the AVIs... Only MP4 and 3GP seem to be allowed...

I figure it would be matter of installing the xvid plugin and assocating the avi files with the palm video player.
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    I wish this could happen.
    It wont happen till palm opens up the sdk to the api's that pertain to that. The guys at Core have been working on a player for us but I don't think palm has given them the deep access needed to add the codecs yet...
    There have been 'proof of concept' hacks done, (literally, hacks.. like hex and binary) that allow audio or video files not normally supported to show in the music or video player, but either way they still didn't work (Even with correct decoders). The problem lies (as already mentioned) in the closed nature of the MediaServer and FileIndexer. The answer will probably lie in a home brew fileindexer service (no easy task) mixed with an 'enhanced' version of the existing music/video players.