1.    #1  
    (More of a mod/tweak than a dev thing, moderators, feel free to move this where appropriate?)

This was my ocd obsession, and finally, with pointers to searching file text via irc's webos-internals (thx guys!) I slowly found the file containing the verbage that's inserted in those links that you can send from the Pre's "Share" menu in the browser:

the file location:
    Code:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-assistant.jsjsjs
    find the text:

Code:
    var msg = $L('Hey you gotta check out ') + '<a href="' + this.currentUrl + '">' + this._getDisplayTitle() + '</a>';
    Personally I hate sending cookie-cutter messages to friends, even if I do really like a page. It's as obscure a thing as I can think of, but it really bugged me.

And, editing the message every time I wanted to send something was a pain in the patoot. This was pretty easy to change with vi or nano; just, as always, copy/backup this file before editing.
    Last edited by corq; 07/16/2009 at 10:14 AM. Reason: unsure if in the right forum section