Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Palm makes Mojo SDK beta and docs publicly available, officially opens developer floodgates

Go wild.

cheers,
    Steve

UPDATE: PreGame wants to remind everyone that the license agreement for the SDK prohibits "distribution" through any means other than Palm's app catalog:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...m-sdk-tos.html

Folks are making some interesting points in that thread...so it might also be worth a read.
    Last edited by scuba_steve; 07/16/2009 at 03:20 PM.
    About time! Let the floodgate of apps begin!!
    yay!
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I'm kinda surprised PreCentral doesn't have this up on the front page... maybe they're too busy downloading.

Looking forward to the twitter clients, fart apps, and tip calculators. [/sarcasm] Looking forward to seeing/downloading what the Palm developers will make.
    They've been a little slow lately, but I'm sure they need a break after a fairly hectic May and June.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Yea Really, Pre central letting engadget and even users beat them to this..not that it's a race or anything...wonder which thread will get locked first
    Look for a camp in your area or start one for your own city, county, etc.
    preDevCamp.org

pDC will be putting up details, etc. soon now that the SDK is out.
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Im already registered. Time to go through the docs and make some apps baby.
    I am unable to install the SDK in Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit. Anyone else having this trouble?
    Quote Originally Posted by dblaszczyk View Post
    I am unable to install the SDK in Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit. Anyone else having this trouble?
    I was able to install the prerelease version (not sure if there's a difference) on 9.04 32bit. When you say you can't install it, what do you mean exactly?
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dblaszczyk View Post
    Dang I have 9.04 64-bit. D/Ling now, feels like palm's servers are getting hammered.

This would have been a perfect opportunity for a bittorrent distribution.
    I hope they ease access on those forums. I asked if the SDK version was the same as on the early access site. I got a message saying that moderators have to approve posts in order for them to be viewable.

That is pretty lame...
    Quote Originally Posted by brianpmullaney View Post
    I was able to install the prerelease version (not sure if there's a difference) on 9.04 32bit. When you say you can't install it, what do you mean exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by rmbwebs View Post
    Dang I have 9.04 64-bit. D/Ling now, feels like palm's servers are getting hammered.

This would have been a perfect opportunity for a bittorrent distribution.
    Well I looked on their forums and found this workaround for it:

Apparently I can't post links so here developer.palm.com/distribution/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18

Although the Novacom thing you have to download isn't there.
    Sweet Zombie Jesus there is a Linux version? Palm rocks!
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Guess it was just my work connection, SSHed to my home computer and wget is pulling a nice 1.5MB/s so their server isn't too bogged down yet.
    OMG YES!!!!!

FINALLY!!!!!

I HOPE the documentation is good enough as I've been going through the world wide web trying to find the proper way to do things. >.<.

Anyone know if/when the Aptana plugin will be up and running?
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    I would be very cautious about accepting the TOS when creating an account at Palm. Clause 4.3 of the TOS basically prevents any homebrew developers from posting their applications on Precentral.net or any 3rd party sites.
    Now I can't get it to install on Windows 7, anyone know what the deal is?
    PreGame: That is quite sad. We need to make it clear to Palm that the users and the developers feel that 4.3 is unacceptable and should be removed. Anyone have a good way to do that?
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    I would be very cautious about accepting the TOS when creating an account at Palm. Clause 4.3 of the TOS basically prevents any homebrew developers from posting their applications on Precentral.net or any 3rd party sites.
    What about email? doeas it have a beta or "testing" exception?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast