Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    4.3 Applications Can Only Be Distributed Through the Palm Application Catalog. Developer acknowledges and agrees, that absent a separate written agreement with Palm, Developer may not distribute any Application except as allowed by Palm’s formal approved distribution process and channel (the “Application Catalog”). Developer acknowledges and agrees that (a) distribution of Applications will be subject to further terms and conditions, which may include a share of the revenue generated from sale of the Applications to be paid to Palm by Developer, where such terms and conditions shall be presented to Developer upon or before Developer’s request for distribution of any Application, (b) because of certain laws, regulations, as well as contractual or other restrictions, Palm may refuse to allow the distribution of certain types of Applications, and (c) distributed Applications may be viewable or inspectable by third parties, and Palm is not obligated to take any steps to obfuscate the code associated with the Applications or take any other steps to prevent third parties from viewing or inspecting Application code.
    This is the clause, and the wording is quite clear.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    I have started a thread here http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...m-sdk-tos.html I have also already sent an email to palm. I recommend everyone post their feelings in that thread so Palm can see how many developers will be affected
    wahoo!
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbeta View Post
    This is the clause, and the wording is quite clear.
    Reading that it sounds like all they care about it money.
    oh crap! I didn't read this thread before signing up... now what do i do...
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    Lawyers write the ToS, so of course it sounds that way. They're covering their collective a**** as much as possible, because that's what lawyers do. The real test will be to see how the actual company responds to user comments about it, and more importantly, how the company responds with their actions in the future.
    This will speed some things up on the Homebrew section! Fall...a few months of leeway for Homebrew apps to really take off!
    Quote Originally Posted by dblaszczyk View Post
    Now I can't get it to install on Windows 7, anyone know what the deal is?
    I suspect it's something to do with the Novacom driver.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I suspect it's something to do with the Novacom driver.
    Speaking of Novacom, does anyone know where I can download the Linux version? The link on the Palm site isn't working.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stickywhipit View Post
    oh crap! I didn't read this thread before signing up... now what do i do...
    Read http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...m-sdk-tos.html
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    I hope that all they care about is money.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I meant to say this in my previous post, the only way to get it to install on Windows 7 is to use XP mode. In other words you have to download Virtual PC and the XP mode setup, and then run the emulator (which is itself a virtual machine) on a virtual machine.

Very inefficient, slow as hell, but it does work that way.
    So the leaked version installs on windows 7 and official version don't? Great idea...
    Ahh let the development begin... Wish they had a Red Hat/Fedora Core version, but with a little help from Google I was able to convert it to an rpm and install it...

Installing "alien" package converter on Fedora Core

Used yum to install deb and downloaded the FC10 SRPMS version of glib2.18 to upgrade FC8. Now to try and figure all this stuff out...
    Old SDK Works well also with eclipse plugin, so don't worry about win 7 installation.

Someone would upload the updated content for us silly win7 users...
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I have absolutely no (well, minimal) programming background. But I downloaded it. And I will toy around with a few app ideas. Wish me luck! I've got google and my HTML, CSS & javascript books ready.
    Need to get it to work on Vista Premium 64-bit. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Need to get it to work on Vista Premium 64-bit. Any suggestions?
    Just make sure you have the Java 64 bit downloaded, and you SHOULD be fine. Also, make sure to run from the palm-emulator.bat, not the icon. ALSO, make SURE to run as Admin.

EVERYTHING. As Admin. You should have no problems.

I'm running it on Vista 64 Premium. Works perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbeta View Post
    Sweet Zombie Jesus there is a Linux version? Palm rocks!
    I'm so happy after having to work in Windows for since the SDK was leaked, that I can go back home to a real OS.

My laptop is about to get 1 more Gb of usable memory again.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast