Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I just got my touchstone, and while I love it, I can't believe there's not option to have the screen turn off while charging. It's not overly bright, but it definitely is noticeable next to my bed while trying to sleep.

Has anyone found the switch that controls the behavior when charging from the touch stone? Is there a way to disable that?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    It's been asked before.....but it needed to be asked again. It's stupid that I have to throw a cloth over my Pre every night just to go to sleep. There has got to be an easy code fix for this?
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Not sure how much it will help you, and you may already know this, but if you press the power button while on the touchstone it goes to the "locked" screen with just the clock at the top and the unlock icon at the bottom. The brightness also dims a little, too.

It's not the fix you want, but maybe it will at least dim it a little for you. I hope they allow turning off the screen in a future update as well.
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    yeah, i knew about the lock piece, and i also turned off "Display alerts on lock screen" to make it a little dimmer, but it's still brighter than I'd like.

If I could make it exactly to my specs, I'd have it stay on the lock screen, but have the backlight turn ALL the way off, that way if you touch the screen, you could have the light come back on if you were checking the time, but otherwise, in a dark room it would be dark, but i'd be very satisfied if it could just be made to act as though it was charging normally...
    It hardly noticeable, even in a dark room (I don't see it at all). I do agree that the option should be there.
    Bump on this... Got my touch stone this week and I HATE the dim of the screen to always be on. I'm used to working nights from being in afghanistan and so having a completely dark room is a must... Can anyone mod this? I will root my phone if I have to fix this
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Look for the app called Brightness Unlinked. That functionality has been in there for a while.

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...tness-unlinked
    Quote Originally Posted by henderjr View Post
    Look for the app called Brightness Unlinked. That functionality has been in there for a while.

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...tness-unlinked
    Oh ok sweet, didn't know that app did that. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skakum View Post
    Oh ok sweet, didn't know that app did that. Thanks!
    No problem. In order to use that funcationality you either need to toggle the run app in dashboard switch or have it as an open application.
    Quote Originally Posted by henderjr View Post
    No problem. In order to use that funcationality you either need to toggle the run app in dashboard switch or have it as an open application.
    Yeah I see that now... I was hoping it would be just a permanent fix as opposed to having it constantly running in the background.