Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    i undid this.. i couldnt install homebrews anymore
    im curious the people who are having trouble was ur dir /var/usr/palm/apllications filled with apps and homebrews befoe you did this? cuz i basically moved everything to /media/internal/applicaitons then did this and havent had any problems, just curious to see

if someone posted something that helped you out dont forget to push the thanks button and let 'em they helped

always make backups of the files you mod, that or get accquainted with WebOs DR
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsavage06 View Post
    im curious the people who are having trouble was ur dir /var/usr/palm/apllications filled with apps and homebrews befoe you did this? cuz i basically moved everything to /media/internal/applicaitons then did this and havent had any problems, just curious to see
    Just as John says "Moved"
    you have to delete the app after copying it to the /media/internal/applicaitons directory then creating a sym link fallowing the steps above...
    MatterOfFactJack
    im pretty sure thats why we still have people with full /var... dir's after u apply the mod move your apps to the new dir /media/internal/applications or do what i did, delete them all and then after applying the mod install den via filecoaster, sdk, preload, or webos install, that way it gets installed into the /media/internal/applications that should solve the problem most people are having on here

once your happy dont forget to tank jack87 & NetWhiz

if someone posted something that helped you out dont forget to push the thanks button and let 'em they helped

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    yea, i followed the steps exactly, symlink and all.. everything pre existing ran fine.. nothing would install
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by bscabl View Post
    yea, i followed the steps exactly, symlink and all.. everything pre existing ran fine.. nothing would install
    very odd... i dunno what to tell you... everything continues to install fine for me and when it comes to updating preexisting apps it updates them directly to the new directory.
    MatterOfFactJack
    hmmm ok until now its been fine and now i've finally ran into the install error when trying to instal new not updated homebrews from the catalouge, hmmmmm very odd

Quote Originally Posted by bscabl View Post
    i undid this.. i couldnt install homebrews anymore
    how did u undo? ima haveta and just go back to the hard way lol, i dont mind its easier for me, but this should be investigated cuz people who dont have the know it all wont be able to install anymore

hmmm ok until now its been fine and now i've finally ran into the install error when trying to instal new not updated homebrews from the catalouge, hmmmmm very odd

Uh oh.... now we are in trouble hahaha
    SCK Manager
    i am a total noob is there anyone that can make a code that i can just copy and paste to putty in order to move the apps for me or to expand the memory available to that partition???
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    how did u undo? ima haveta and just go back to the hard way lol, i dont mind its easier for me, but this should be investigated cuz people who dont have the know it all wont be able to install anymore
    i followed the instructions backward :P
    lol tanx got it back, for those of you looking to revert here's what i did

Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /
    rm /var/usr/palm/applications
    cp /media/internal/apps.tar /var/usr/palm/apps.tar
    cd /var/usr/palm
    tar xvf apps.tar
    rm apps.tar
    mount -o remount,ro /
    stop LunaSysMgr && start LunaSysMgr
    then after that i suggest following the link jack posted and either symlinking each folder from the /media/internal/applications or usuing the alternative mod found on that webpage, but as far as getting an install straight to that partion from the brewlougue thats a different story
    Last edited by johnsavage06; 08/07/2009 at 03:51 AM.

13.    #53  
    I been manually moving and symlinking each app and have not ran into any problems.. kind of annoying but took an hour to do about 40 or so apps and now maybe once a week whatever apps i find useful i will symlink.. i am also picky about the apps being symlinked majority of them go some of them dont just use your judgement. nice thing is updates to the apps will automatically be updated without needing to redo the symlink (if name of app hasn't changed of course)

now although updating works keep in mind... as mentioned before Orange+Tap will not delete the app from your media directory it will delete the icon on launcher and remove the symlink from the var directory. if you wish to remove the app completely you will need to hook up pre via usb mode to a computer and remove it from your apps directory which you of course created.
    MatterOfFactJack
    the mod that was listed though presented a problem, i could update the homebrews i had previosuly but just like the rest i ran into a problem where it seemed to run outta memory again, which is very weird. should they hold any size value being their just symlinks?

interesting i was searching luna.conf in the /etc/palm dir and i saw this

Code:
    MaxApplicationMemory=10mb

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    interesting i was searching luna.conf in the /etc/palm dir and i saw this

Code:
    MaxApplicationMemory=10mb
    i wonder if tweaking that and rebooting will fix the issue :P
    no i messed with it already does nothing

wow this sux i hate having to delete apps when i want another... so frustrating anybody have any suggestions?
    bump
    any new developments...just got the problem now I can't even delete apps I don't use and replace them with new ones...kinda sucks...lol
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast