Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Hey Everyone!

I've been meaning to ask this but keep forgetting. My district manager was givin a pre-release Palm pre by Sprint about 2 weeks before the launch. When someone would call him from their cell phones it would show a physical logo of the carrier that person calling had. Once the Pre launched officially there was a software update and his Pre no longer does that. Can anyone find where on earth in the code it has/had that feature and maybe a way to re-enable it? It was a feature I fell in love with but never got to use D=
    very interesting , i would love to see this as well
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Not sure how that'd even be possible with phone number portability.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I wonder if carrier data is sent along with the phone call. I sell phones for a livign and i know when i sell a verizon phone if I am porting a number, the minute I type in the custoemrs number the screen shows who their current carrier is, even if they have ported before.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    This would be sweet, I would do this hack if there was a way.

Could I be the one to find it... No
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    any luck?
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby_s View Post
    This would be sweet, I would do this hack if there was a way.

Could I be the one to find it... No
    LOL.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    LOL.
    Wha????

I think it would be neat, necessary? No but neither isThis but it's cool!
    it is pretty handy if the caller is not sprint user you know you dont want to talk more then 2min with them anyway i always want to know what carrier the person i am talking to has. kinda been a habit. i used to have the samsung i500 which was one of the first smart phones... ran palm os 4.0 i loved the damn thing. but it did not have out going sms... it received sms but you couldnt send. there were apps that allowed you to send sms out going via internet but you needed to know who the carrier was ever since then i do everything in my power to figure out the person's carrier just a habbit now. so if the pre could tell me right off the bat that be a dream.
    haha that's cool. I used to ask people and write it down in the "company" section of my Treo's contact. It's definitely useful information to have!