Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    I have found that editing these PNG's is easier with winSCP. You may want to start by getting that set up and then editing these graphics!
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeton View Post
    No worries, the purpose of the forum is to find answers.

If you have the time and inclination, I'd recommend using winscp or nautilus...which would make copying and moving files hopefully easier.

Were you successful in trying to add your avatar? I'm not sure I understand exactly what commands you are using; double check to make sure you are in the right folder for the chat window images:

cd /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/chatview

and then try to sudo mv again. If its not working, a little more detail in what commands you are using may help pinpoint the problem.

i downloaded that winscp and everything looks so much easier to use on it. but everytime i try and edit something it tells me permission denied.
    & na i still havnt got the avatar there yet. i felt like i was so close once but nope. im a try to explain it the best way i can for the avatar cause maybe that will help with my invisible bubble.
    this is the avatar i want to use.

on my computer it was called "chris.png", when i uploaded to the web it looks like its called "ayoo456-albums-t-picture106t-chris.png". (i right clicked and checked properties...i hope thats right)
    these are what i put into putty:

my step 1: cd /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/
    my step 2: sudo wget http://forums.precentral.net/members...cture111-a.png
    my step 3: sudo mv chris.png my-avatar.png
    or
    sudo mv ayoo456-albums-t-picture106t-chris.png my-avatar.png
    reboot and walla no avatar lol
    i gotta be doing something wrong.
    Last edited by ayoo456; 08/15/2009 at 08:18 PM. Reason: mispell
    i didnt even realize that pic i put up b4 had a curse in it. should i delete it?
    do you guys think its possible to switch the main messaging page balloon colors on each message in order to reflect if the last message in the conversation was an incoming message or an outgoing message?

Basically instead of only looking at the little arrows left and little arrows right, could the balloon color be changed as well? what do you guys think
    Quote Originally Posted by ayoo456 View Post
    sudo mv ayoo456-albums-t-picture106t-chris.png my-avatar.png
    reboot and walla no avatar lol
    i gotta be doing something wrong.
    that is because u have nothing in the image

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    that is because u have nothing in the image
    what does that mean?
  7.    #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by knickrox13 View Post
    do you guys think its possible to switch the main messaging page balloon colors on each message in order to reflect if the last message in the conversation was an incoming message or an outgoing message?

Basically instead of only looking at the little arrows left and little arrows right, could the balloon color be changed as well? what do you guys think
    I think that can be done, I'm at work right now, so I'll check it out later tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by ayoo456 View Post
    what does that mean?
    Click on the link, it doesn't show any picture. Maybe try an upload it again?
    aka lunareclipse
    You can find me here:
    Twitter
    Pre Themes
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah peterman View Post
    Click on the link, it doesn't show any picture. Maybe try an upload it again?
    yeah exactly. re upload and then do that step again, rescan and if doesnt show up still then reboot

Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    yeah exactly. re upload and then do that step again, rescan and if doesnt show up still then reboot
    this is what i get after i scan. is this correct?
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "returnValue": true }
    where did u guys upload to?
    Last edited by ayoo456; 08/15/2009 at 08:57 AM.
    yes its correct

thank u everyone. i ended up using winscp...so simple i swear. now time to bother yall wit something else

so i set this 1 up where the bubble is wrapped around the length of the text. problem is is when the text is more than 1 line long the avatar drops to the bottom of the message.
    any ideas how to get it to stay in the middle
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah peterman View Post
    I think that can be done, I'm at work right now, so I'll check it out later tonight.
    Any updates on this?
  14.    #174  
    Quote Originally Posted by knickrox13 View Post
    Any updates on this?
    Yeah, I was able to change the image to show portions of the chat balloon, but it's in a small square, and I can not find where the properties are in the stylesheet.
    aka lunareclipse
    You can find me here:
    Twitter
    Pre Themes
    Hey, just wanted to say thanks for the help from this thread... it was most helpful. Here is my end result.

Attached Images Attached Images
  16.    #176  
    Nice chat balloons. I have to say that I love the conversation.
    aka lunareclipse
    You can find me here:
    Twitter
    Pre Themes
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Is there a way to copy the chat balloons to the usb media dir., make changes, then cp back?
    yeah here they are

Code:
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/chatview/chat-balloon-left.png /media/internal/
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/chatview/chat-balloon-right.png /media/internal/

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    OK, I got the chat balloons to my usb, modified, and back on the usb. Now where to I put them back to? Also, how to I edit the backgroung of messaging? Thanks for your help!!
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    OK, I got the chat balloons to my usb, modified, and back on the usb. Now where to I put them back to? Also, how to I edit the backgroung of messaging? Thanks for your help!!
    Code:
    cp /media/internal/chatview/chat-balloon-left.png  /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/
    cp /media/internal/chat-balloon-right.png /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/chatview/