Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Good afternoon,
    I hope you are feeling better is there anyway to create a chat ballon with a blend like Sarah sent me earlier?

I will look into this for you.. i believe i can give it a close color to what Sarah has provided you. i may have something for you tomorrow night.

thank you for the feeling better part. if only i was fully energized.... where on earth did that energizer rabbit go....
    Ok, I am having an issue changing the font color on the first messaging page where you select which person you would like to hold a conversation with.

I have added this to the top of the messaging.css files

Code:
    body.wallpaper,
    body.palm-default {
    color: white;
    background: url(../images/background.png) center center no-repeat;
    }
    While this does change the all of the font for the chat program, it unfortunately also changes the font color in the contacts part of the app.
    If you click on >>> New text message >>> Enter name or number here (click on the contacts icon) you will see that the phone numbers listed here are all in white. It is of course, impossible to read white text on a white background.

So removing the line of code above that says "color: white;" and adding the following code further down in the messaging.css file

Code:
    .my-chat .chat-balloon-wrapper {
    padding-left: 40px;
    word-wrap: break-word !important;
    color:#FFFFFF;
    }

.their-chat .chat-balloon-wrapper {
    padding: 1px;
    font-size: 18px;
    padding-right: 40px;
    }
    unfortunately, this only changes the font color in the chat view window. (not in the main messaging page) It does however, let you have two different colors for incoming and outgoing text messages, which is kind of cool.

My question is, does anyone know how to change the font color to the first chat page without changing the font color for the entire app?
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    Here you go
    Hey I LOVE this orange one you made. Do you think you can make the blue, green and red where the white little area doesnt appear like in the orange one cause it appears on the chat.
    If you could make a nice yellow one would be nice too!

I would really appreciate it all this!
    THANK YOU!
    how do u use the original messaging.css to star over?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ayoo456 View Post
    how do u use the original messaging.css to star over?
    If you copy it back to the original name and place it will replace the modified one and put it back to the original.
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    If you copy it back to the original name and place it will replace the modified one and put it back to the original.
    Thanks for the reply
    what r the steps to do this? do i have to be in root?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Thanks for the reply
    what r the steps to do this? do i have to be in root?
    I just use WinSCP, but it can be done with a putty window in root as well. follow the same procedure for copying the .css file as for the avatar image, just into the proper directory.
    or if you have it posted online somewhere (as I did before I got WinSCP working..) you can root to the directory and use wget. Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Sims View Post
    Ok, I am having an issue changing the font color on the first messaging page where you select which person you would like to hold a conversation with.

I have added this to the top of the messaging.css files

Code:
    body.wallpaper,
    body.palm-default {
    color: white;
    background: url(../images/background.png) center center no-repeat;
    }
    While this does change the all of the font for the chat program, it unfortunately also changes the font color in the contacts part of the app.
    If you click on >>> New text message >>> Enter name or number here (click on the contacts icon) you will see that the phone numbers listed here are all in white. It is of course, impossible to read white text on a white background.

So removing the line of code above that says "color: white;" and adding the following code further down in the messaging.css file

Code:
    .my-chat .chat-balloon-wrapper {
    padding-left: 40px;
    }

.their-chat .chat-balloon-wrapper {
    padding: 1px;
    font-size: 18px;
    padding-right: 40px;
    }
    unfortunately, this only changes the font color in the chat view window. (not in the main messaging page) It does however, let you have two different colors for incoming and outgoing text messages, which is kind of cool.

My question is, does anyone know how to change the font color to the first chat page without changing the font color for the entire app?
    I was wondering why my contacts list was in red when I want it in black!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaSwaggSoSiQ View Post
    /bin/sh: sudo: not found
    I think if u drop "sudo' it may work..
  10.    #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Sims View Post
    I haven't found a way to do this yet. However, why looking around I did find a stylesheet that handles all the text boxes. I'll play around with that later then.
    aka lunareclipse
    You can find me here:
    Twitter
    Pre Themes
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    i have a question ... is it possible to load the chat ballon to the pre in usb mode and modify them and them copy them back to where they are supposed to be like with the dialer and the boot theme ?? if so how do i get the chat ballons copied to usb mode .........
    i did these 3 steps to add the avatar but it didnt work.
    i put the url for the picture.
    for this part "filename of the avatar you just downloaded" im just putting the name of the picture right? because thats what i put. and this was my outcome

"cd /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/
    sudo wget (url)
    sudo mv (filename of the avatar you just downloaded) my-avatar.png"

i jus wanna get my avatar in there
    Last edited by ayoo456; 08/13/2009 at 12:51 PM. Reason: add
  13.    #153  
    i did these 3 steps to add the avatar but it didnt work.
    i put the url for the picture.
    for this part "filename of the avatar you just downloaded" im just putting the name of the picture right? because thats what i put. and this was my outcome

"cd /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/
    sudo wget (url)
    sudo mv (filename of the avatar you just downloaded) my-avatar.png"

i jus wanna get my avatar in there
    my-avatar.png has to be the name of your avatar. so if the name of your avatar is "download.png" you would type "sudo mv download.png my-avatar.png"
    aka lunareclipse
    You can find me here:
    Twitter
    Pre Themes
    I wanna change the color of the chat balloons. But I just started rootin my pre and am soooo lost can someone but it in simple step by step all i know how to do is root my pre
    Quote Originally Posted by babybubblez28 View Post
    I wanna change the color of the chat balloons. But I just started rootin my pre and am soooo lost can someone but it in simple step by step all i know how to do is root my pre
    2nd that
    Quote Originally Posted by babybubblez28 View Post
    Everything you need is located in this very thread. Sarah has gone to great lengths to provide a DETAILED step by step process on the very first page. Please be courteous and take the time to read these threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeton View Post
    Everything you need is located in this very thread. Sarah has gone to great lengths to provide a DETAILED step by step process on the very first page. Please be courteous and take the time to read these threads.
    im not trying to be rude. its just when i followed the steps i got this

i've tried over and over and cant get anything to come up
    i think its this part thats losing me "sudo mv (filename of url) chat-balloon-right.png"
    Last edited by ayoo456; 08/14/2009 at 06:34 PM. Reason: p
    im jus gettin kinda jealous of people wit there colorfull bubbles and i gotta keep these 2 terrible colors.
    its partially yall fault my screen looks like that...blame yourselves (hope thats a word)
    im jus gettin kinda jealous of people wit there colorfull bubbles and i gotta keep these 2 terrible colors.
    its partially yall fault my screen looks like that...blame yourselves (hope thats a word)
    I have found that editing these PNG's is easier with winSCP. You may want to start by getting that set up and then editing these graphics!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    im not trying to be rude. its just when i followed the steps i got this

i've tried over and over and cant get anything to come up
    i think its this part thats losing me "sudo mv (filename of url) chat-balloon-right.png"
    No worries, the purpose of the forum is to find answers.

If you have the time and inclination, I'd recommend using winscp or nautilus...which would make copying and moving files hopefully easier.

Were you successful in trying to add your avatar? I'm not sure I understand exactly what commands you are using; double check to make sure you are in the right folder for the chat window images:

cd /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/chatview

and then try to sudo mv again. If its not working, a little more detail in what commands you are using may help pinpoint the problem.