Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 255
  1.    #21  
    Type
    Code:
    cd /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets
    Then

    Code:
    vi messaging.css
    Then at the very bottom add this, hit <i>

    Code:
    /*woot*/
    Save: SHIFT zz or ESC :qw

    Reopen:

    Code:
    vi messaging.css
    Scroll all the way to the bottom, do you see woot?
    Last edited by sarah peterman; 07/17/2009 at 04:33 PM.
  2. #22  
    is there a quicker way to scroll down to the bottom or go to a specific line?
  3. #23  
    and when i try to save it sayd pattern not found. im confused on where to add and comment out in the code.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by MaSwaggSoSiQ View Post
    is there a quicker way to scroll down to the bottom or go to a specific line?
    Page down

    Quote Originally Posted by MaSwaggSoSiQ View Post
    and when i try to save it sayd pattern not found. im confused on where to add and comment out in the code.
    It sounds like you might be searching, or not exiting properly. Try the <shift> ZZ. A bit of warning though, it you did something to mess up you will save it using that command.

    Also, in order to add or change text you have to hit the character <i> in order to input.

    On second thought, try <escape><shift><colon> wq!

    Btw, sent you a pm.
    Last edited by sarah peterman; 07/17/2009 at 04:44 PM.
  5. #25  
    FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK! thank you " Sarah Peterman " couldnt have done it without u...lol
  6. #26  
    Is there a pixel limit on the my-avatar.png? I'm getting a blank outline where my avatar should be.

    EDIT: After a hard reset my avatar showed up. Might want to recommend a full reset in your tut.
    EDIT2: I want to hug Palm for observing .png's transparency.
    Last edited by disc; 07/17/2009 at 09:52 PM.
  7. #27  
    So i tried this out and ofcourse it isnt the first time i root my phone.. i was even able to change the dial pad background and palm boot logo.

    however, after doing all of theses steps, i cannot even open any conversation window.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmonsters View Post
    however, after doing all of theses steps, i cannot even open any conversation window.
    Have you restarted your phone? Did you make backups? If you didn't then tonight when I get home I can send you the backup files. That's not until after 2pm est though.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by MaSwaggSoSiQ View Post
    FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK! thank you " Sarah Peterman " couldnt have done it without u...lol
    Oh awesome, glad you got this working :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by disc View Post
    Is there a pixel limit on the my-avatar.png? I'm getting a blank outline where my avatar should be.

    EDIT: After a hard reset my avatar showed up. Might want to recommend a full reset in your tut.
    EDIT2: I want to hug Palm for observing .png's transparency.
    Glad you got it working as well. I will add that into the tut then.
  10. #30  
    is there a way to change the text color? or even make the text bigger?
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveChiller View Post
    is there a way to change the text color? or even make the text bigger?

    Yes, I believe you can change the font size and color.

    Code:
    .my-chat .chat-balloon-wrapper, 
    .their-chat .chat-balloon-wrapper {
      padding: 1px 0;
      font-size: 18px;
      word-wrap: break-word !important;
    }
    Where it says "font-size: 18px;" play around with that. I can test it out later tonight when I get home, and I'll look for a way to change color, I think it's something like "color: #CCCCCC".
  12. #32  
    No worries.. i just went and used webosdoctor and started everything up again. i think i messed up more than just the messaging app hehehe. will give it another go
  13. Nismode's Avatar
    Posts
    152 Posts
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    #33  
    So, without this modificationn, there are no images in the chat windows?
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

    Palm Pre!
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismode View Post
    So, without this modificationn, there are no images in the chat windows?
    Well. there is an image but only for the person sending you the message. there is no image for you... when you reply it is only a normal view with what you said, their replies is shown with their avatar next to what they said.

    personally i was going to add my avatar again or at least try to do it the right way but not sure if i really want to see my avatar everytime i am chatting.. its not like they would be able to see what avatar i am using, considering im AIM or facebook pic would always show up on their messaging software.
  15. #35  
    sarah...would you be able to upload some of the altered images? Mine aren't turning out too well and it would be great if you could put some alternate chat balloon images up on this thread (preferably the black/grey and red ones - they look slick!)
  16. #36  
    I'm gonna take a crack right quick at making some new colors... i'll post up a flood in a bit.

    Although, they might not work like his do :P
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by knickrox13 View Post
    sarah...would you be able to upload some of the altered images? Mine aren't turning out too well and it would be great if you could put some alternate chat balloon images up on this thread (preferably the black/grey and red ones - they look slick!)

    Sure.
    grey.pnggreyright.png
    chat-view-greyblueleft.pngchat-view-greyblue (1).png
    chat-view-greygreenleft.pngchat-view-greygreenright.png
    chat-view-redright.pngchat-view-red.png
    right.png
  18. #38  
    or he beat me to it.
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by FuManChuu View Post
    or he beat me to it.
    Lol, sorry. Feel free to upload as many different colors as you can. These were done a few nights ago, and I haven't had time to do anymore. Personally, I would love to see some nice shades of blue and red.

    Edited to add: Hey guys if anyone has any questions or comments, I'm usually hanging out in the web-os IRC channel as sjpeterman.
    Last edited by sarah peterman; 07/18/2009 at 07:33 PM.
  20. elryon's Avatar
    Posts
    715 Posts
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    #40  
    I got the avatar to center and be wrapped correctly...
    the only changes needed to the original messaging.css are:

    line 644:
    my-chat .message-container {
    width 255px;
    }

    and line 676:

    /* Disabling MY avatar because we are not doing this for 1.0 2008-11-05*/
    .my-chat .avatar-location
    .my-chat .avatar-overlay
    .my-chat .avatar-container {
    display: inline-block;
    width: 40px;
    height: 40px;
    }

    then proceed with adding your avatar pic as before.
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions